Chapter 8

Continued from chapter 7

Hey I'm so sorry. I got stuck in traff-" And the man stops. I turn to look at him and I'm stunned with what I see.

Standing in front of me is the man I fell in love with 5 years ago and hadn't had contact since.

I'm pretty sure he knows it's me since he has the same facial expression. We continue to stare at one another until I decide to break the silence.

"Josh?" I asked. I still can't believe it's him.

"Hey Katie girl" He said.

"What are you do-"

"Uncle Josh you're finally here!" Melanie said interrupting me.

"I'm sorry Mellie Belly" He said to her even though he's staring at me.

"It's ok, I was just telling Miss Katie about the slushy you promised me" She said grinning.

"Oh... so this is the famous Miss Katie?" He said still looking at me.

"Yup!" She said.

He turned back to her. "Hey kiddo why don't you go play, I want to talk to your teacher for a minute" He said.

"Ok!" She ran to the play area.

He turned around and made his way to me.

"God I have missed you Katie girl" He said wrapping me up in a big hug. Well... all those years of separation did nothing to diminish my feelings for him.

I immediately hug him back. 

"I missed you too."

He pulls away and looks me up and down.

"Wow... you look great Katie girl" He grinned.

"Thanks, so do you." And I meant every word.

He's grown out his facial hair and his hair is side parted with a modern fade, it looks really hot on him. One thing that hasn't changed, are his baby blues.

"So you ended up becoming a kindergarten teacher after all" He said.

"Yup, graduated with honors" I said with a proud grin.

"Wow! that's awso-"

"Mommy!" Emma barreled into me, interrupting Josh.

Oh shit I forgot about Emma.

Looking at Josh I notice his gaze is fixed on Emma. 

Fuck. this is not how I wanted this to go.

"Mommy... You have a daughter?" He asked.

Taking a deep breath I let out my big secret of why I avoided coming home.

"Yes, she's my daughter" I said letting out a big breath.

After telling him that, he does something that not only surprised me, but made my heart skip a beat and my ovaries quiver.

He goes down onto the floor, getting down to her level to introduce himself.