🍂

A LETTER ARIVED with a signature and a stamp of mondstat made your hands go cold. opening the letter with a knife, you read it with doubt.

' y/n l/n,

i hope youre doing well. inazumas lockdown is quite the handful, so i hope this letter comes to you safely. im sure you understand why i have sent you this letter ; a lot of your mothers payments are due by the next few weeks. the collectors would like the mora from either you coming here to mondstat, or from inazuma. i have tried to tell them you were forever staying in inazuma, but they didnt seem to listen. i apologize. if you could get the mora to them either from inazuma, that would be wonderful.
im sorry about your mothers death, i did hope you could live a life without such a person, but it seems as if the gods thought other wise.
until we meet again, jean. '

a small sign of her name in cursive made you bite your nails. the next few weeks. the house was also yours. all yours, actually. you payed it off with the mora you had, giving it to your mother, asking her to take care of it and herself in the house and to pay everything needed. it seems like that hasnt happened.

you let out a shaky breath. you could always leave the house, but then again, your things were still there. not a lot, but still a bit. and you missed mondstat. missed the dandelions that grew in patches, the people you have met and became friends with. the food, the warm air, everything that inazuma hasnt provided spesificly to you just yet.

you couldn't leave. leaving ment coming back would be difficult.

"hey, whats the letter about ?" you jumped and turned around, pointing the knife at the taller figure.

"oh, itto.. hey." a smile was sewed onto his face, seeming like he could never get tired of it.

"well, the letter ? man was it from that thoma guy ? i swear, taking my date away.."

"its nothing like that. just, a bit confused.."

"about what ?"

you looked at itto with your mouth open as if you were going to speak, and yet, nothing came out.

"nothing."

"alright then, i won't pressure you to say anything.. now let's go !"

grabbing your arms, he made you drop the letter and the knife, a quiet thunk of the falling knife made you worried about it leaving a dent in your fragile home.

ITS JUST A QUICK RUN he says. you won't run out of breath, he says.

grabbing onto your chest, your leg muscles felt as if it was all being ripped. as itto was in front of you, you breathe heavily, sweat dripping off your forehead with an annoyed look at the oni. the ray of sunlight hit his muscular figure, his hands on his hips as he looked beyond the cliffthe two of you stopped at, a place with a good look if the inazuma city.

"you idiot.. YOU KNOW I DONT RUN !"

"aw come on ! if we didn't we would miss the view and the fireworks !"

fireworks ? you stood straight up and huffed, walking next to the oni.

"i swear, if your gang does something stupid im gonna go home.." laughing it off, arataki itto looked down at you, thr sun quickly setting as the yellow - orange light faded away from the both of you, the purple and navy blue sky coming to light.

"dont worry, i got full permission." giving you a thumbs up, you sat down on the grass, then laying down flat as itto copied your actions but layed down on his side, resting his head on his hand that was supported by his arm and lifting his head up, taking a good look at you.

"please don't look at me like that.."

"hm ?"

the soft wizz of a firework going up made itto sit up, his legs crossed as he waited anxiously. a boom of color made your eyes widen, the loud noise getting you off guard. the fireworks continued to run up and explode as itto laughed in achievement.

the dark night sky made you fixated on the bright lights shining the night sky.

"y/n." you looked at the crimson haired oni.

"let's kiss."

"very bold of you, itto."

AS THE LAST FIREWORK boomed as the two of you heard the people down below cheering.

"saras gonna get so mad.."

"like i said," itto jumped up and took a hand out to help you get up, turning around and walking back to where the two of you came from. "you don't have to worry." itto winked out and you smiled. unintentionally, the two of you brushed hands, ittos pinky hooking onto yours as you didn't argue.

looking at your home, you saw two figures standing and waiting at the front.

"waaa, y/n !! itto !! how did you like the fireworks ? was it to your taste ?" yoimiya rushed over to you withba big nervous grin, grabbing onto your shoulders making you break the linking with the oni.

"yeah, not to worry 'miya." yoimiya and looked at the direction you were staring at. leaning to the side to see sara smiling at itto, you then saw sara flick his forehead, itto hissing in pain.

sara paced to you and grabbed your hands and looked into your eyes.

"did he do anything to you ? he said he tried to kiss you.. did he do it without consent ?!"

"geez sara, you're like an over protective mother !" yoimiya laughed and put her hands to her hips as sara let go of her grip, leaving itto to stand outside of your house with a smooth smile sliding across his face.

that stupid face..

"we should get going, it's getting late. yoimiya, should i walk you back ?"

"to kind of you sara, but nope ! all i need is y/n and her sight and im good to go !"

"alright then. y/n, take care. tell me if that arataki itto does anything to you. ill have his head in a silver plater."

waving goodbye to the girls, you walked towards itto.

"you should also get going, your gangs gonna be looking for you."

"alright then. but tell me, you enjoyed today, didn't you ?" a smug smile was simply on his face, leaning into your face and crouching to get to your height.

"i did enjoy it, thank you." turning around, you took a step into your home before waltzing back around to give the crimson oni a peck on the cheek.

"thank you for the date itto see you tomorrow goodbye !" slamming the door, you were afraid that you spoke to quickly for him to understand. face flushed red, you grabbed your heart beating chest and sighed as you heard the taller man running with a shout of glee.

"oh the things you do to me itto.."