Chapter Nineteen.

(Y/n) sat miserably at the grand piano in the common room. None of the Ravenclaws were staying at Hogwarts for the holidays. Eventually, she got bored of playing the one Christmas song she knew and simply exited the tower, heading straight for Remus' classroom.
"Remus!"

"Hello, favourite daughter," Remus greeted casually, not looking up from his Oscar Wilde book.

"Can I use your projector and watch a movie?" (Y/n) asked, her pout affecting her tone. Remus' glanced up at her and he closed his novel.

"All right," he agreed. "Go get your movie and I'll set it up."

"Thank you!" (Y/n) beamed, her mood lifted as she headed back to the common room.

"Hi, (Y/n)," Ginny greeted pleasantly.

"Hi, Gin. I thought you were going home for the holidays," (Y/n) replied.

"I am," said Ginny. "I just wanted to be here for Christmas Eve. Bill's picking me up from the station in the evening. We're Disapparating."

"Having fun so far?"

"I miss Neville and Luna," Ginny admitted. "But, yeah. Good so far." (Y/n) beamed.

"You, Hermione, and I should have a girls night when you get back."

"Definitely," Ginny agreed. "I'm sick of my brothers. Mind if I join you?"

"Go for it," (Y/n) agreed. "We'll have a great time crying over movies."

"...what?"

By the time the girls got back, Remus was partially disappointed at the sight of Ginny, for he thought watching movies in his classroom was a him and (Y/n) sort of thing. Nonetheless, he offered Ginny some chocolate and motioned for (Y/n) to put the VHS in.

"You haven't seen Dead Poets Society, have you, Ginny?" (Y/n) asked, needing to rewind the tape. Ginny's mouth formed an O.

"Dead?"

"Yes," (Y/n) said.

"Bad representation for poetry—"

"But pretty, queer-coded boys," (Y/n) added.

"Hm," Ginny hummed. "Sounds fun."

"Very," (Y/n) agreed. "We just won't watch the last thirty minutes."

"Why not?"

"Well, it'll kill your good mood."

"I want the full experience," Ginny said. "This is the movie that made Hermione cry last year, right? Must be really good."

"It is. Nothing's ever come close."

"Can we— Can we watch it again?" Ginny sniffled. "Minus the last thirty minutes. I'll pretend it's my first time watching it all over again."

"Absolutely—"

"(Y/N)!" Hermione bellowed. She had been in the process of running past the classroom before she came to an abrupt halt. "Do you have a jacket? Oh, no worries, we'll just share. Anyways, we're heading to Hagrid's and I think it'd be best if you joined," she said, an edge in her voice, hoping (Y/n) would pick up on it.

"Hermione, I'm still in my pyjamas."

"Are you?" Hermione mumbled. "That's all right. Ron and Harry are who knows where. You can go change and we'll wait outside the tower."

"I— all right..." (Y/n) sighed. "We can watch it when you're back, Ginny. Or maybe this afternoon, depending on how things go," she promised. Ginny nodded her head, watching as (Y/n) removed the blanket the two were sharing from her lap and got up, following after Hermione.
"You three always come searching for me at the worst moments," she said. "Ginny and I were really bonding! Which is good!"