Chapter Fifteen.

Remus was back at work by Monday. He was already aware that Snape had signed them parchment, but (Y/n) was too worrisome to tell him what the assignments were on. She didn't want to be the one to break the news to him. Remus certainly looked as though he had been ill. His robes very comfy clothing were hanging more loosely on him and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes; nevertheless, he smiled at the class as they took their seats, and they burst at once into an explosion of complaints about Snape's behaviour while Remus had been ill.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves—"

"—two rolls of parchment!"

"(Y/n) told me that you did indeed tell Professor Snape that you haven't covered them," Remus said, frowning slightly. The babble broke out again.

"Yes, but he said we were really behind—"

"—he wouldn't listen—"

"—two rolls of parchment!"

"Seamus, I thought I told you that you didn't have to do that," (Y/n) said as she did attendance.

Remus smiled at the look of indignation on every face.
"Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. Anyone who actually did the assignment shall be given extra credit on the semester exam," he said.
Hermione pumped her fist and Seamus grew more gladdened that he had done the assignment.
They had a very enjoyable lesson. Remus had brought along a glass box containing a hinkypunk, a little one-legged creature who looked as though he were made of wisps of smoke, rather frail and harmless-looking.
"Lures travellers into bogs," said Remus as they took notes. "You notice the lantern dangling from his hand? Hops ahead— people follow the light— then—"
The hinkypunk made a horrible squelching noise against the glass.
When the bell rang, everyone gathered up their things and headed for the door, Harry among them, but—
"Wait a moment, Harry," Remus called. "I'd like a word."

"Congratulations, girls. Each of you passed your tasks," congratulated Ivy as she paced in front of them. "I will now take you to where this weeks' meeting is being held. Do keep in mind that two weeks in advance, you will get a time and date so be prepared to clear your schedule."

"How often do these meetings happen?" asked the girl with the surgical mask.

"Once a month," answered Ivy. "These next few months, we're teaching you younger kids about Occlumancy and Legillmency," she informed. "Meetings last as long as we wish so long as it is before curfew. There will be times that you miss dinner, but if that is the case, we will have our own dinner together. Next year and the following years, you will not need to retake the trials unless you make a mistake that can only be forgivable once," she said.
"When we meet the girls, you will refer to them as their aliases, which are flowers that start with their first name," she continued. "You will also refer to them as such outside of the club if referring to the Strange Women Society. I will explain each position in the society, but with you two, there are eleven members this year. There can be sixteen members maximum and that's all I will tell you for now."
Ivy led the three to an old fountain that had greenery growing on it. She stepped into the fountain and walked up to the statue, slipping a ring onto her ring finger. The statue itself was a gorgeous woman who was weeping what looked like genuine diamonds that clattered to the bottom of the fountain. One of her hands was out as though to accept a ring, the other weakly gripped the skirt of her gorgeous wedding dress. From context clues, (Y/n) assumed that the statue was centred around an unwanted marriage. In front of the weeping woman was a headless man, holding the woman's hand and the other held what would have been a ring if his fingers weren't pinching air.
Then, the ground rumbled. The statue was turning and eventually revealed a spiral staircase beneath it. 
"In we go, ladies. The staircase only appears only to those who have completed the ritual. As doing such, you will not be able to reveal anything about the Strange Women Society without paying for it," Ivy said, leading the way down the staircase. The younger girls gasped as the stairs shook and the opening closed once again. Ivy was very casual about it.
"Welcome, young witches, to the Strange Women Society!" Ivy called dramatically as they entered what looked very homey, to (Y/n)'s surprise. Different coloured candles were around the room