Chapter Twelve.

"Hey, loser," (Y/n) greeted, gently whacking Harry with a bouquet during the Halloween feast.
She had a white chiffon dress that still had straps on the shoulder and long sleeves off of her shoulders. Her hair was (curled/curly) and fluffed up around her headpiece. She had small bird wings and a circlet that had a jewel hanging from it. From her ears hung golden hearts (made out of a golden wire) with little pearl spheres hanging in the middle.

"What're you supposed to be?" Ron asked, his mouth full of sweets from Honeydukes.

"A swan!" (Y/n) beamed. "Cho's matching with me." She nodded over to Cho, who wore a pretty black milkmaid dress that fell right above her knees. Rather than white wings, she had black wings and a similar tiara with a different coloured jewel.

"Cute," Hermione said. "Did you have fun on your date? Ron and I couldn't find you... You just... vanished!"

"It would appear so, hm?" (Y/n) mused. "Anyways, it was fun," she said. "Really fun. We went all kinds of places."

"Will we get to meet this mysterious lover?" Harry asked, holding the bouquet (Y/n) had whacked him with. (Y/n)'s lips turned up into a mysterious smile.

"I should get back to Cho," (Y/n) said. "How are people supposed to know we're a pair?"

"We should match next year!" Hermione gasped. (Y/n) beamed.

"Of course, 'Mione!" she chirped. "We can be a butterfly and a moth. I'll be the moth because I really want to be a moth," she rambled as she skipped off.

"We're all in love with an idiot," Hermione said through a smile as she waved at (Y/n)'s retreating frame.

The girls on the fourth year dormitory floor were in the process of getting ready for bed; four were brushing their teeth, (Y/n) and Cho were washing the face masks off from their girls night. They had their whole night planned out. But plans change, they supposed. Penelope strode into their bathroom.

"Finish up," she instructed. "Dumbledore wants all Houses in the Great Hall."

"At this time?" Marietta asked. It wasn't late, but it was far too late for a second dessert.

"Why?" Eleanor asked.

"Professor Flitwick wouldn't tell us," Penelope sighed. "Quickly, please." (Y/n) finished the rest of her skincare routine rather quickly. The girls quickly returned to their dorms to put away their belongings. (Y/n) snatched up a random book as there was no harm in passing time reading. They all got their robes and put them on over their pyjamas. The entirety of Ravenclaw is provided with velvet House bathrobes each year. The girls followed Penelope down the tower, soon joined by other years. 

"What's going on?" Padma whispered to (Y/n) as they joined the rest of the murmuring House.

"No idea," (Y/n) said, slipping her arms through her robe. Her pyjamas were a matching silk set of a dark blue short sleeve and shorts. She had been wise enough to slip on thigh high socks before getting her slippers on and, hopefully, wouldn't be too cold. (Y/n) left her robe untied as she crossed her arms.
Feeling an arm interlocking with hers, (Y/n) peered down, finding Luna clinging to the older girl. (Y/n) smiled, wrapping Luna in a hug.

"Let's get a move on," instructed one of the prefects, waving the students out of their common room. Two prefects lingered back to do one more check of the dormitories. After a rather long walk to the Great Hall, they filed in, finding Gryffindor and Hufflepuff already there. Slytherin came in right behind them. Three of the Houses were nothing short of confused.
Dumbledore waved his hands for attention.