Chapter Seventeen.

"Oh, to be kissed under a mistletoe," (Y/n) sighed, watching as two girls shared a sweet peck before taking each other's hands and running off, giggling to each other.
(Y/n) pulled the sleeves of her turtleneck and patterned red and beige shirt over her hands. She had a short black pencil skirt, matching the turtleneck, and black thigh high socks over two pairs of lighter-coloured tights. Her hair was braided messily and a green ascot was tied around her neck. She wore a beret and red-brown heels to top it all off. She had a grey silk coat on and the hood was barely sitting on her head.

"Then do it," Cho shrugged. (Y/n) made a sound of surprise. "Can only kiss under a mistletoe so many times in your life, you know?"

"I guess," (Y/n) agreed. But who? "But should my first kiss really be under a mistletoe? What if they're someone I don't know?"

"Hm. Good point, I guess."

"Have you had your first kiss?" (Y/n) asked.

"Recently," Cho answered. "Cedric and I mutually agreed on it." (Y/n) hummed.

"Was it romantic?"

"No. Just a couple of friends agreeing to take the anxiousness of a first kiss," Cho explained. "And if you're really scared, I'll be your first kiss." (Y/n) gaped after Cho as the girl ran off before (Y/n) could see her red face. 

"Not a bad offer," (Y/n) mused to herself. She turned back towards the direction Cho went in. Where was she going? They were supposed to go to Hogsmeade together!

"Cute jacket," Padma commented, staring in the direction Cho went in.

"Really? You think so?" (Y/n) asked brightly, looking down at the jacket she had sewn. "Valorie said the sewing pattern was from 1947 and I accidentally ripped the pattern! Other than that, though, I'm pretty sure it turned out all right— How long have you been listening in?"

"Listening in?" Padma repeated. "We never left." She motioned to herself and Luna. (Y/n) looked to her right, smiling at the beaming Luna.

"Come with me, you two, won't you? I forgot to grab gloves," (Y/n) murmured. "Well, I guess I can always pick some up in the village... things are discounted around this time of year. Ah, forget it." She waved her hand.

"(Y/n), are we on for today?" Cassius whispered, sneaking her away from the crowd heading out of the school and into an empty corridor.

"I'm afraid I've already got plans," (Y/n) whispered back.

"No worries," Cassius smiled. "Better, actually," he said. "I don't have anything to plan in order to top the second date." (Y/n) matched his cheeky smile. "I really hope you don't mind our dates being secretive?"

"Of course I don't," (Y/n) said. "The whole school doesn't need to know about our dating life." Cassius grinned.

"Great. Next weekend— Well, not next weekend; maybe next weekend; but next Hogsmeade weekend— I'll have something extraordinary planned. Be prepared to get your socks knocked off."

"I will," (Y/n) said. "So long as I get to plan the next-next date."

"Ooh. Already planning that far ahead?" Cassius teased. "Glad to see it." (Y/n) rocked on her heels, hesitating to ask something. Would it be too soon to ask Cassius to kiss her under a mistletoe? Perhaps it was so. "Something on your mind?" he asked.

"Well, I already have your present," (Y/n) said. Cassius grinned.

"Do you?" he mused. "I'll admit I don't, but I'll get it done sometime today! Quite a busy time, wouldn't you agree?"