Chapter Eight.

"I'll be back before you know it, Nev," (Y/n) promised the boy, who was glued to her side as she joined the students going to Hogsmeade. "In the meantime, you can hang out with Luna or... Parvati, Lavender, and Padma. You've got all kinds of options!" (Y/n) wore a cream turtleneck tucked into mom jeans. She had a plaid blazer over it and her hair was styled into a neat ponytail.

"Okay..." Neville said quietly.

"I'll bring you back something, okay?" (Y/n) smiled. "Whether it be chocolate or a... scarf, it'll be as though you were there with me!" Neville smiled back at her. "Have fun, Nev!"

"I should be telling you that!" (Y/n) grinned at him, jogging over to Marietta and Cho where the three went on to stick with each other during their journey to Hogsmeade, then, they left (Y/n) on her own.
(Y/n)'s alone time started out relatively nice. She got herself some candy and treats and then left the shop to head in search of the pharmacy and get the cramp-reducing chocolate Hogwarts girls are always talking about. To her luck, it started raining bullets. She knew it'd rain sometime that day due to the sky, but she hadn't expected it to start suddenly. From the looks of things, it wouldn't end early either. (Y/n) quickly brought out her umbrella and expanded it, holding it above her as she walked through the streets. She entered a random place just to get out of the rain.

"Talk about raining on my parade!" Fred Weasley exclaimed from a table inside. (Y/n) looked around for any sign of where she might have been.

"Welcome into the Three Broomsticks, doll," greeted Madam Rosemerta, the landlady of the Three Broomsticks.

"Thank you," (Y/n) said, shaking off her umbrella in the doorway. 

"Would you care for a drink?" she asked. "Only a matter of time before your professors cut your visit short," she chuckled.

"Um... I actually— I should— I really—" (Y/n) stumbled over her words, her face growing hot as she did so. "I'm sorry," she mumbled looking down.

"It's fine, doll. Take your time," Rosmerta chuckled. "I'll be right back. Gotta go talk to Minerva." Seizing the opportunity, (Y/n) exited the Three Broomsticks and rose her umbrella, heading off in search of the pharmacy again. Slipping inside, she found various students already in there, hoping to wait out the rain.

"(Y/n), hey," Adrian Pucey greeted casually. (Y/n) glanced at him, giving him a soft smile before searching through the aisles with Adrian behind her.

"Don't think you want to be shopping here with me, Adrian," (Y/n) said, stopping in a specific aisle.

"Oh," was all he said, lingering at the end of the same aisle as though he would be cursed if he stepped a toe into it. "Having fun?" he stammered, looking anywhere but (Y/n) and the aisle she was on. She was deeply amused by this.

"Well, there wasn't much time to have fun until it started raining," (Y/n) answered.

"Good point," Adrian agreed. When (Y/n) stepped out of the aisle with her 'girl things,' she led him to the counter.

"Want to go to the clothing shops with me?" she asked, taking out a select amount to pay.

"Sure," Adrian agreed upon seeing her umbrella. (Y/n) accepted the paper bag in one hand and walked towards the students crowded around the door, peering outside.

"Pen," (Y/n) whispered to Penelope Clearwater, a blonde Ravenclaw prefect. She hummed, looking down at (Y/n). "Professor McGonagall's taking kids in the Three Broomsticks," she said, giving Penelope her umbrella. Penelope accepted it. 

"What about—" before Penelope could finish her sentence, she watches as (Y/n) casually walked outside, mumbling a spell that made an umbrella out of rain, keeping her entirely safe. This resulted in other students following suit with the same spell. Penelope took two third years under the umbrella and then led the students towards the Three Broomsticks.