Chapter 39: Setting Sun

Bip

Bip

Bip 

Bip

Bip

Bip

Inside a hospital bedroom, on a bright sunny day. 3 hospital beds with 3 people deeply asleep in them. They weren't alone as a certain red-haired girl was holding the hand of the red hair currently in a coma.

She was Stella Vermillion. After her fight with Akaza, medics came when they were called for the train incident. They never thought that they would find a girl unconscious on the ground.

She was heavily injured but nothing that a good healing quirk couldn't help. But the real damage wasn't visible on her body. In order to win against upper moon 3, she had to use all her fire, and the fire she will use in the future. 

She won her fight, she saved the two hundred lives on the train...at the cost of her quirk. She completely consumed her life's fire. But she did not regret her actions. Not in the slightest. And she couldn't complain. She didn't have the right to complain. 

She lost her quirk but she was alive and woke up only after 2 weeks. That wasn't the case for her friends. Ikki, Shinobu, and Giyu are still in a coma. It's been a year now. The three of them had the worst injuries. Even with healing quirks, it couldn't heal them all in one go or even three go.

Shinobu had lost her right and her left arm. She will have to wear a prosthesis. Giyu nearly lost his lungs. He had scars all over his body. 

For Ikki, it was different, he received a lot of damage but his healing factor was really strong so it wasn't a real problem, however, the technique he used against the strongest demon took a lot out of him.

When he was found by the medics, it was stated that his body had most likely aged, almost by 30 years. It was like the astronaut but in reverse. But the doctors said his body should return to its normal age so no problem.

But as for Stella, the three of them used a really powerful final technique, too powerful. With Giyu's lungs damaged, he completely lost the ability to use water breathing, as he won't be able to stock air anymore. 

Shinobu and Ikki didn't have many serious lungs damaged, but their bodies wouldn't be able to support the stroll of a breathing technique. The pillars were officially retired.

Kie was also there, caressing Shinobu's hair and Yuuki was sleeping on top of Ikki. But then she woke up, but it was like something woke her up.

Stella" Hmm something wrong Yuuki?"

Yuuki" Uh no I...I just felt daddy moving."

Stella immediately looked at Ikki, along with Kie who stopped petting Shinobu. Then something unexpected happened, Ikki started to open his eyes. Adjusting to the light, his eyes landed on his future wife, looking at him with teary eyes. He weakly smiled.

Ikki" Guess... I'm dead since I'm seeing an angel...hehe..."

Instead of saying anything, Stella wrapped him in a bone-crushing hug, same with Yuuki and Kie, who all started crying.

Yuuki(Sob)" DADDY!!!"

Kie(sob)" You're finally awake!"

Stella said nothing but was still the happiest that he was back. Ikki simply hugged them back. As the little reunion was happening, a grunt was heard, it was coming from the butterfly.

Shinobu" Arg why am I seeing black from my right...goddamn, it's darker than my Wattpad library..."

She didn't get to adjust herself that the white skin milf had already her head in her chest. The former insect pillar was suffocating but couldn't say anything. Then suddenly...

Giyu" Urh fuck I'm hearing Shinobu's muffled. I can't say if I'm heaven or hell."

For him, it was the little snowflake that suddenly jumped from across the room to land in his lap. That child just NTR'd her own dad. Sad Ikki's noises in that back. Soon all the heartwarming moments ended as the doctor came to do some checkups. The night has fallen in town. The only ones left in the room were the former pillars. 

Ikki" Damn Giyu he really didn't miss you."

Giyu" You're talking about me and not the Kurumi wannabe?"

Shinobu" Even with an eye patch, I can still see your face, the demon had one job."

Ikki" Looks fire tho."

Shinobu" Finally someone who understands."

Stella" You're a bunch of kids."

Giyu" We're the same age."

Stella" Whatever...but what are we gonna do now?"

Ikki" What do you mean?"

Stella" We all lost our powers. What are we gonna do now with school and all?"

Ikki" I already said it on camera, I'll say it again."

He started to open his mouth, at the same time as Shinobu and Giyu.

Ikki/Shinobu/Giyu" Fuck being a hero."

Stella" Uh?"

Giyu" As I was dying, I had a sort of talk with my sister, I said to her that I wanted to be happy and I'm happy with y'all, it doesn't matter the place as long as I'm with you."

Shinobu" The same happened to me with my dad. I only wanted to help people like him but I decided that I'll do it another way."

Ikki" My only goal since I learned who I really was was to make my biological mother proud. I had the confirmation that I did it. Now I just want to rest."

Stella was shocked from hearing all of that but sighed in relief.

Stella" So I'm not the only one who wanted to leave."

Ikki" Whether you like it or not you're stuck with me."

Giyu" And us."

Shinobu" Fufu I expect our children to be great friends in the future, maybe more than that."

Stella" Please no. Dealing with you and Ikki is already troublesome, I can't imagine the  mixing of both."

They all shared a common laugh, but not too high since three of them woke up not too long ago. After two weeks, they were allowed to leave the hospital and took a long rest at Ikki's house, with Fuka and Kie.

After some time, they officially dropped out of UA and went on other adventures, filled with laughter and trash talk.