Chapter 34: The beginning of the end

Few hours before the incident

Stella PoV

The sound of screaming, crying, and fighting was piercing my ears. I was under the remains of a wall. I was slowly regaining consciousness. The last thing I remember was taking a hit from a big guy who was taking my energy. The hit was supposed to be for Nejire but I quickly flew towards her and took the hit and here am I. Feeling pain throughout my whole body.

The good thing is that I don't have any broken bones but my arms are not in their best shape. I concentrated my flames all around my body and projected them in one go, destroying all the grumbles around, and on me. 

I got up with pain running wild in me and started to head out towards the battle cry. I can't allow myself to slack off.

I had just gotten out of the house as I saw Izumi in front of a beaten Overall, with the little girl on her. She then started to scream. I was about to intervene when the lights coming from Eri died down. Izumi falls to the ground.

I looked at my right anTsuyu, holding and raising the head of an injured Aizawa. I went towards Izumi and picked her up, along with Eri. Soon, an ambulance sirene could be heard. Once they arrived, they took the little girl. Izumi, who woke up, went towards Sir Nighteye, who was heavily injured. Meanwhile, I went towards Ryukyu, who was with Nejire.

Nejire spotted me and rushed to me, and trapped me in a bone-crushing hug.

Nejire" OH MY GOD ARE YOU OKAY!!?? ARE YOU HURT!!?? I'M SO SORRY IT'S ALL MY FAULT!!"

I quickly tapped her arms, because the pain was just too great. Ryukyu seemed to notice my state and took Nejire away from me, who was still screaming. She dragged me towards an ambulance and put me inside.

Ryukyu" Stay there, they'll bring you to the hospital."

I wanted to deny but she just shut the door. Letting me inside the ambulance, where was Izumi. Not a word was spoken between us. The battle took all of our energy, mainly Izumi.

Once we reached the hospital, we were put in different rooms. A doctor came in and examined me. As he finished, he did a recap.

Doctor" Well overall, everything is fine. Nothing is broken or sprained. The pain you're currently feeling should go away soon but your arms will still feel numb after a few hours.

I sighed in relief. Pain or numb arms are nothing compared to something broken so I'm lucky.

Stella" When can I go or can I call someone?"

I asked. I didn't want to worry my friends or Ikki. I wanted to tell them that I was okay.

Doctor" You must stay in bed for one hour, if after this hour, you're feeling well, then you'll be allowed to leave or call someone. The hospital can't call right now."

I sighed but this time in regret. Well, one hour is short. Nothing's gonna happen to him in one hour....right?

---------------------

It's been one hour and no one came. No doctor or intern. They must be busy. Since I'm feeling fine, I guess that I can go.

I got up from the bed and went to the door. As I opened it, the time suddenly went slower. Everything was in slow motion. A stretcher is being pushed at high speed. But to me it was slow. I managed to have a look at the person on the stretcher, who was really injured, with blood all over him, visible bones, and burn marks. I felt my heart sink into my stomach as I saw his face.