5

"I'm mad you lost the chance to have the time of your life. You've been working this job for five years, sleeping and escorting men you don't like for money. Now, the one time a man you actually like requests for the same thing, you mess it up."
    — Ify

                                          xXx

Towards end of the second week, it was already apparent that the General was not going to call her.
It was like they never even had the discussion at all. He was making her go insane!
How could he come find her, propose five million for a month of sex, then fall off the face of the earth?
Even if she wanted to agree to this, how was she supposed to find him? How?

She had resorted to watching more videos of him online, and at this point there was no clip of him on the internet that she hadn't seen. No matter what he wore —be it his army combat or a six-piece suit— he always looked so elegant, and sophisticated.
It made her wonder why a man like that wanted someone like her. Her perfect arch, he had said.

Had he never met a girl with a perfect arch? She knew how difficult it was to master the arch, and not everyone could endure the discomfort it could bring. But in a profession like hers, it was something she had to learn. And she had.
Who knew it would come in handy this way?

"You know how to bend your waist, and take this dick without complaints. I should make you a millionaire for that, yes?"

But it's been two weeks. He had said his sabbatical started next month, so why wasn't he trying to reach her? Why wasn't he trying to call her?
The truth was glaring. He didn't need her. The five million was peanuts to him, he didn't need her or her perfect arch.

He was an attractive man, a successful one at that, he could find as many women with perfect arches as he wanted. She was the one who needed him. She needed his money, and needed him. God!
One month with him would be heaven and hell. He could help her get rid of this business finally.
Five million and all her debts would be settled. Five million!

But would it be worth it in the end? She might not know the General personally, but she knew men like him didn't need women like her outside sex. 

She needed to get a grip on herself. She was a big girl. If she even did this with him, she should be able to survive. She knew how to turn off her emotions, it was how she had survived for so many years in this business.
Why should he be any different?

She started to scroll through her gallery again, rewatching all the old videos she had of him. Suddenly, her phone was yanked out of her hand, and she looked up to see Ify standing at the foot of her bed, scrolling through the phone.
Embarrassment burned through her at the thought of Ify seeing what she had been watching. She sat up and tried to reach for the device, but Ify held it out of reach.

"Des, you're obsessed," her flatmate finally yelled. "I've never seen you like this. I always look up to you when it comes to being wicked to men."

Des forced a smile and tried to grab her phone again, but Ify skipped out of the way.
"This is all you do in your free time, Des." Ify continued. "And this is the reason why you have been watching the news lately."

"Ify..."

"Des!!!" Ify finally sank onto the bed. "I was obsessed with him, but it seems you have taken this thing to your brain. Is it because you guys had sex?" Ify narrowed her eyes. "I always feel so jealous when I remember it, God. And you refuse to talk about it. You have always been so lucky. Like...how did you even meet him for that to happen? I mean, it's the General!"

"Ify, let me have my phone. That happened two months ago, forget about it."

"You should forget about it. You've been obsessed with him." Ify pushed the phone towards her.