[Prologue]

[Prologue]

See there's this place in me where your fingerprints still rest, your kisses still linger, and your whispers softly echo. It's the place where a part of you will forever be a part of me.

***

"I think true lovers are like a pair of shoes." I declared.

We were sat on his sofa in his house, next to the fire place, warming ourselves up from the attack the cold winds had played outside.

"Really?" He said, amused. "How so?"

"Well. Only two people can be the loves of each other's lives, right?"

"Right." He agreed, the fire reflecting off of his face, giving him a gold, angelic glow.

"And shoes come in pairs too. They're just right. You can get other sizes, but only those two shoes will go together, unless you have unusually proportioned feet and need different sizes for different feet. That's like the minority, though. And that minority includes the people who never find their true love."

"Because they have unusually proportioned feet?" He interjected.

"Shush, don't interrupt." I scolded.

"Sorry."

"Anyways, they don't find their true loves, and go on about their daily lives, as if it doesn't matter. But it does matter, because those two shoes belong together, it should be a crime if they're not. There are different designs, styles, brands, so many differences, but at the end of the day, that pair of shoes stays together; it belongs together, because they're true lovers."

"Are we like that?" He asked lovingly.

"Yeah. Yeah, we are." I whispered softly, looking up at his face as his eyes searched mine for an answer.

"Promise?"

"I promise."

***

I remember when you meant nothing to me. I wasn't aware of your existence. But now you're the reason I have these awful bags under my eyes; I stay up until four a.m. thinking about you. It's bizarre how a person could mean nothing to you, but in a matter of hours, days, weeks, or months, they could mean the world to you, even if they make your heart drown in a sea of regret and leave a hurricane of bittersweet memories behind.

------------------------------------------------

Short prologue for yous :)

This is just a little taster of what's to come •﹏•

It may look and sound weird right now okay but trust me, all will make sense at the end.

Stay lovely, my lovelies :)

-plaidskinnyjeans