26 - The One with Mobius

We leave Sylvie in the time theater, not wanting to draw too much attention with bringing a variant around.

  "You go find Mobius, I have something to do," B-15 tells me. I nod, running off to find my partner. I figure he'd be in Loki's time theater, so I make my way there. 

  "Y/n." I turn around, seeing Ravonna and a group of minutemen, all holding pruning sticks.

  "Ravonna?"

  "Where are you going?"

  "Just back to time-theater 25. I was gonna get some sodas for Mobius and I, but they were out of Josta's," I lie. "Did something happen?"

  She narrows her eyes, suspicious of my excuse but not commenting on it. "Has Mobius said anything to you? Regarding C-20?"

  I furrow my brows. "Not that I'm aware of? We're all just kinda waiting for her return."

  She sighs of relief, nodding her head.

  "Is everything alright?"

  "Just keep moving, Y/n," she says in a sorrow tone. What was going on? I continue walking, trying to seem as normal as possible. It was kind of hard now that I know that the TVA has been lying to me for god knows who long.

    We reach the theater, seeing no one inside. I laugh awkwardly, starting to sweat. "They must be in the time cell?"

  I breathe a sigh of relief when a red portal appears, Mobius and Loki exiting. Their smiles drop when they see the group that followed me here, Ravonna giving them a serious face. I walk over to their side, standing in the middle of them.

  Mobius leans over to my ear, "What did you do?" I shrug, shaking my head. He leans back, ready to listen to what she has to say.

  "I think you have something of mine." She scares me when she's serious.

  Mobius digs in his pocket, pulling out a tempad. "Yeah, I got all the way down there before I even realized I picked up yours," he says casually. One of the minutemen takes it from his hand, giving it to Ravonna. "What's going on?"

  Silence.

  "What's the problem, Ravonna?"

  Still quiet. Loki takes my hand, sending butterflies into my stomach when I think of what Sylvie showed me.

  Mobius takes a deep breath. "You know where I'd go if I could go anywhere?" He pauses, waiting for an answer. "Wherever it is I'm really from."

  He knows.

  "Yeah, wherever I had a life before the TVA came along. Maybe I had a jet ski." I smile sadly at the thought. He would love to have a jet ski. "That's what I'd like to do." One of them turns on their stick. "Just riding around on my jet ski."

  "Prune him."

  My stomach drops as the hunter approaches him, time seeming to go slower as he jabs Mobius in the stomach, slowly deteriorating him.

  I cry out, watching the person I've had for my whole life at the TVA slowly disappear into nothingness. My best friend, my partner. Gone forever. Dead at the hands of someone we trusted. I was gonna kill her.

  Loki grabs onto me, holding me and bringing me close enough where his mouth was at my ear. "Run."

  I took this chance, running as fast as possible out of the room, just barely escaping them. I take each turn, trying to lose them. After about 10 minutes, I'm out of breath and out of sight. I take this chance to regather myself, process what happened.

  I need to find B-15. I take some more turns, finally finding her in one of the aisles of the library. "B-15."

  She turns around. "Y/n, what are you doing here?"

  "Mobius is gone."

  Her face drops. "What?"

  "Ravonna had him pruned." She sighs, dropping her head.

  "What now?" I ask.

  "She'll be taking the Loki's to the time-keepers to be pruned."

  "Then I guess we have a party to crash."