23 - The One Where Loki Won't Stop Paging You

"Your pager is going off again," Mobius tells me. I look down at the small device on the table, seeing it go off. I pick it up, trying to see if he's given me a location, but to no avail, it's just another request to contact him.

  I turn the stupid thing off for the tenth time that day, sighing and continuing the work. It had been a day or so (TVA time) since the whole incident, and Mobius and I had been trying to figure out where he could've gone.

  Of course, he didn't really have time to go anywhere specific, so there's really no telling.

  "Who's tempad was that, again?"

  I sigh. "I already told you, I don't know."

  He sighs himself, looking at me with worried eyes. "Look, I know you're hurt from the whole betrayal thing, but he's a Loki. What do you expect?"

  I shrug, skimming through files.

  "Hey, Ravonna is having a meeting with the time-keepers. Wanna go wait for her to get out?" he suggests. I shake my head.

  "You can go," I say, putting a smile on my face.

  "Alright..." he says, not so convinced. He walks off, leaving me and my thoughts. The pager goes off once more, but this time I decide to accept it. This wasn't your typical pager; this one would let you call each other, using holograms. Think Star Wars level contacting.

  I go into one of the empty aisles, knowing no one will find me there. I accept the call before a hologram of the god erupts from the device. He looks a bit startled, probably not expecting me to answer.

  "Y/n?"

  "What do you want, Loki?"

  "Here me out," he starts. "Sylvie and I are at-"

  "Sylvie?"

  "The variant. Anyways, we're on a planet called-" an explosion interrupts him, not letting me hear what he said. So, he's somewhere with either a battle or an apocalypse. Noted.

  "In the year 2077," he finishes. A battle/apocalypse in the year 2077. That helps.

  "We could really use your help, if you're not still mad at me."

  "Oh, of course I'm not mad. Why would I be? You only stabbed me in the back, breaking your promise," I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

  His eyes soften when I remind him. "And I sincerely apologize for that. But we're sort of in a situation-"

  "Let me get this straight. You're only calling me because you need help?"

  He sort of shrugs, nodding, a little embarrassed.

  "No." I end the call, turning the pager off completely, so he won't be able to page me anymore. I get up, walking out of the library to go find Mobius.

  "Y/n!" I see B-15 approach me. "We're going to the analyst department."

  "There's nothing, sir."

  "Even with the magnified nexus threshold?," Mobius asks the analyst. "That one should be setting alarms if somebody steps on the wrong leaf."

  "Wherever they are, I'm not sure anything survives."

  "Yeah, don't underestimate them. You see anything down at Roxxcart?" Mobius asks when he sees us walking up to him.

  B-15 shakes her head. "They're gone. Leaping across time, plotting their next massacre." We look to the screen, seeing a stable timeline. "Any news on C-20?"

  Mobius thinks for a second. "No." Suspicious.

  She shakes her head again. "We need to find them."

  "We will," Mobius reassures her. "And I'm pretty sure Y/n here wants the honor to prune the very Loki who betrayed us."

  B-15 looks at me, furrowing her brows. I shrug.

  "He broke her heart," Mobius smirks. I hit his arm, causing him to chuckle a bit. We continue watching the timeline, seeing no activity.

  That is, until a branch begins forming. "We've got something." The branch grows rapidly, spiking up. I've never seen anything like that before. What the hell were they doing?

  "Temporal lock," one of the analysts informs.

  "Why's it spiking so much?" I question.

  "Okay, that's not someone stepping on the wrong leaf. You ever seen a branch like that?"

  I look at B-15, seeing her awestruck face. "No," she says, speechless. The branch nears the red line, something that is very bad. The screen says Lamentis 1, which makes perfect sense. There was a whole planet that crashed into it in 2077.

  "Alright, let's go get 'em." Mobius leads us over to the center of the room, opening two portals for them to walk through. If they were smart, they would take that chance. If not, well they would die, and the branch would probably reach the no-no zone.

  Luckily, we see them come through, but we quickly reprimand the pair, putting the collars on and grabbing onto them.