6 - The One Where Loki Got Arrested

[insert time here]

TVA

Loki's POV

"Are you guilty or not guilty, sir?"

  I scoff. "Guilty of being the God of Mischief? Yes. Guilty of finding all this incredibly tedious? Yes. Guilty of a crime against the Sacred Timeline.." I pretend to think for a split second. "Absolutely not, you have the wrong person."

  "Oh, really? And should we have?" Is she really that dull not to know?

  "I suspect the Avengers. You see, I only came into possession of the Tesseract because they traveled through time, no doubt in a last-ditch effort to stave off my ascent to God King." It was pretty obvious, really.

  "That's quite an accusation."

  "Oh believe me, you can smell the cologne of two Tony Starks. You speak of Time Criminals? It's they you should be after. Perhaps you could provide me with a taskforce and resources," I say, looking around. "And I could return and eliminate them for you."

  "We're not here to talk about the Avengers."

  "Oh, no?"

  "No! What they did was supposed to happen. You escaping was not."

  I laugh. Is she joking? That seems incredibly unfair. "'Not supposed to happen'? According to whom?"

  "The Time-Keepers?," she says in a mocking way.

  "Oh, the Time-Keepers, right. Well perhaps I should speak to these 'time-keepers', gods to gods." I reply with a wink.

  "I'm sorry, but they're quite busy."

  "Oh, they are? What are they doing?"

  "Dictating the proper flow of time."

  "I see, and what do you do?" Finally, I'm pressing her buttons. I just need to stall a bit longer to come up with a plan.

  "Dictate the proper flow of time according to their dictations. How do you plead?" I smirk, finally having developed my plan.

  "Guilty.." I stretch my arms out, ready to tear this place to the ground. "of this." I release the energy, except it doesn't. I try again, gaining some laughs. How dare they!

  "What's going on?," the judge asks.

  "Hang on, everyone quiet."

  "He's trying to use his powers, ma'am," a woman behind me answers.

  "Don't rush me!," another grunt. Now I'm pissed. "Damn it! Why won't it work?!" I yell, hitting the podium.

  "Magic powers? They're no good in the TVA, Mr. Laufeyson." I sigh. "The court finds you guilty, and I sentence you to be reset." She bangs her hammer on the desk. "Next case, please!"

  "Reset?" Guards start grabbing me, pulling me to another door. "What does that mean? What, is it bad? What does it mean?" Them pulling me doesn't make my anxiety go away. "Hey! You ridiculous bureaucrats will not dictate how my story ends!," I yell, stopping them.

  "It's not your story, Mr. Laufeyson, It never was."

  "You have no idea what I'm capable of!"

  "I.. I think I might." A man in the audience booths stands up. "Have an idea of what he's capable of." Now she's pissed.

  "Approach the bench." I watch the man defending me walk up to the woman. They mumble a few things to each other before the mysterious man turns to me.

  Through grunts and pants of breath, I furrow my brows at him. "And who are you?"

  "I'm Agent Mobius, by the way." He sticks his hand up to me to shake, but I stay standing still.

  "Are you taking me somewhere to kill me?"

  "No, that's where you just were. I'm taking you some place to talk."

  "I don't like to talk," I lie.

  "But you do like to lie, which you just did." I look up to him. "Because we both know you love to talk. Talkie-talkie," he says, using his hands.

  "How long have you been here?"

  He sighs. "I don't know. It's hard to say, time passes differently here in the TVA."

  I furrow my brows. "What does that mean?"

  "You'll catch up." The doors open to a new hallway filled with many types of people as we start we start making our way to.. well I'm not sure where.

  "So you're part of the TVA's courageous and dedicated workforce?"

  "Yes," he answers.

  "You were created by the time-keepers."

  "Yep."

"To protect the Sacred Timeline."

  "Correct." I stop, laughing. "Is that funny?"

  "The idea that your little club decides the fate of trillions of people across all of existence at the behest of three.. space lizards, yes, it's funny. It's absurd."

  He furrows his brows. "I though you didn't like to talk." I roll my eyes and scoff at his sarcasm as the door we stopped at opens. "After you."

  The room is large with unique architecture, holding a small table and chairs. Not much lighting, just skylights. However, one thing stands out.

  In the middle of the room, on one of the chairs, there's a woman. She turns around, e/c eyes meeting mine.

  "About time you two showed up, I was thinking Renslayer pruned both of you."