5 - The One Where Loki Has The Dream Again

May 4, 2012

  Avengers Tower

  Loki's POV

"Enough! You are, all of you, beneath me!," I yell at the pitiful green monster. "I am a god you dull creature, and I will not be bullied by-"

  Crash! Slam! Oof!

  I whimper in pain, lying on the ground while the creature walks away. 

  "Puny god."

  The world goes dark for a moment, only a moment. I let it happen, however. It's been a long day.

  The world I find myself in is fully white, the only things in it are me and a woman. A woman I find myself dreaming of constantly, though I've never seen her in my lifetime. H/l h/c hair, the e/c{est} eyes I've ever seen. She was truly magnificent, although I have to remind myself several times that she's only a figment of imagination. 

  "What did you do this time?," she asks. Her voice is sweet like sugar, smooth like jam on bread. I was lucky enough to hear it from time to time.

  "It wasn't my fault, I swear-"

  "I believe you."

  Like my other dreams with her, I try running towards her, but the second I reach her I awake.

  I wake up, still on the ground. I inch towards the steps, still in pain. Out of breath, I turn, seeing the group of misfits staring at me with the dirtiest of glares. The man with a bow has it aimed at me, ready to shoot. How does he keep so many arrows in that bag of his?

  "If it's all the same to you.. I'll have that drink now."

  The man of iron finally breaks their silence. "Alright, get him on his feet. We can all stand around posing up a storm later." He starts walking away. "By the way, feel free to clean up!" I roll my eyes at his desperate need for sarcasm.

  Widow walks forward with him, holding my scepter. "By the way, who gets the uh, magic wand?"

  "Strike team's coming with security," the patriotic man responds. A group of men walk in the door, what I presume to be the "strike team." They take the scepter as the Avengers crowd around, Thor placing cuffs on my wrists.

  The men pack the scepter into a box as Captain America passes by, pressing onto his ear. "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue."

  I change myself to him, mimicking the man. "I mean honestly, how do you keep your-" I am rudely interrupted by Thor placing a mouth guard on my face.

  "Shut. Up."

  We all pack into a very small room before the Hulk tries entering as well, despite his size. "Woah woah! Hey, buddy! What'd you think? Maximum occupancy has been reached!" Stark tells the creature.

  "Take the stairs!," Thor joins in.

  The thing gets upset at this, of course. "Stop, stop!"

  The wall that just closed shows a dent from him hitting it, but then the room feels as if it's moving. It makes me feel a bit nauseous, but I don't let it show. 

  The doors open once again, showing a completely different room. I follow the group before we meet another group.

  "May I ask you where you are going?," an older man asks us.

  "A bit of lunch and then Asgard," Thor answers. "I'm sorry, you are?"

  "Alexander Pierce. He's the man that bought the folks behind Nick Fury," Stark explains.

  "My friends call me Mr. Secretary. I'm gonna have to ask you to turn that prisoner over to me." Of course, people fighting over me.

  "Uh Loki will be answering to Odin himself." I roll my eyes, tuning out the rest of the conversation when I smell the cologne smell growing. Is there seriously another Stark here? The two men are arguing over who gets the case before Stark begins having an attack of some sort.

  Honestly, I couldn't care less about the man, but a certain case catches my attention when it strangely moves away from the group. One of the guards sweeps it up but gets slammed by the green monster, opening the case and landing the Tesseract right by my feet. How convenient.

  I look both ways, making sure my window is free and crouch down, picking it up and making my escape.

  Little did I know, this escape plan would change everything for me.