3 - The One Where I'm Still Catching You Up

"Variant identified."

  I furrow my brows. "How the hell did you get in-"

  "On behalf of the Time Variance Authority, I hereby arrest you for crimes against the Sacred Timeline." The other guard-looking people raise their batons with a weird noise following it, almost like they were being turned on. "Hands up. You're coming with us."

  "I am most certainly not!"

  She raised her own baton. "Last chance, variant."

  I raise my hands in defense. "Woah, woah! And just where are you taking me again?"

  "The TVA to trial for your crimes," she replies, pulling out a long metal band, moving closer to me.

  "My crimes? Do you even know who I am?," I ask, backing away from her. She stops, looking back down to her little pad.

  "Agent Y/n Y/l/n of S.H.I.E.L.D. Only child of [your moms name] and [your dads name] Y/l/n. Parents died when you were 7, found by Nicolas Joseph Fury when you were 8. Trained in martial arts-"

  "How do you know all that stuff?"

  She sighs. "You'll learn later, now you're-" She places the band on my neck while I'm not paying attention. "-coming with us."

  She grabs me by the arm - along with the cake I was planning on bringing to Loki - pushing me into another portal that just appeared. She followed me in, leaving the other guys behind.

  We enter a hallway lit with lights that have an orange hue. They were terrible, honestly. Behind us was a wall with orange circles, but she brought me down a hallway with dark, shiny brown walls. Whoever designed this place is either colorblind or has no sense.

  Through the door, the room has more terrible circular lights, all around the whole room. In the center, a circular desk holds a normal-looking man. It's almost like a receptionist desk. 

  The man turns to look at us, bringing up a clipboard. "Hello ma'am! Just-"

  The woman holding me places the cake on the desk. "Log this as evidence."

  He grabs the plate, looking at it with a confused look. "What even is this?"

  I furrow my brows. "Never had cake before? You eat it, idiot." The woman pulls me away to an elevator before I turn to see the man poking at it.

  "Is it poisonous?"

  I scoff, rolling my eyes while we wait for the elevator to arrive. Well, at least I thought it was an elevator before she shoves me in as soon as the door opens. The room is dark and boring until a robot from behind me pokes at me.

  "Woah there! What the hell are you.."

  The lights turn on, giving me a better view. "Hold very still.." the robot tells me. I squeeze my eyes shut, ready for my painful yet unique death.

  Fortunately, the death I'm waiting for does not come, but my clothes are totally disintegrated. I don't even have a moment to react before the floor beneath me disappears, and I fall into another room. Looking down, I'm now wearing one of the ugliest brow jumpsuits I've ever seen.

  I look back up, seeing another man pushing a fat stack of papers towards me. "Please sign to verify this is everything you've ever said."

  "Are you kidding?"

  A printer next to him prints a new paper before he pulls it out, placing it on the stack. "This as well," he says, placing a pen on it.

  I walk closer to the pile, looking at some of the pages. I obviously wasn't going to look at all of them, but I wanted to see some of the things I've said.

"What's S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

  "Dad- I mean Fury?"

  "Loki?"

  The last one I saw made guilt wash over me. I wouldn't be able to be there when Loki's released, would I? 

  I signed the top paper and stepped back to the floor once again falling. The room I'm now in holds a sort of metal detector, like what you would see at an airport. A shorter man holding a clipboard looks up to me.

  "Please confirm to your knowledge that you are not a fully robotic being, were born an organic creature, and do in fact possess what many cultures would call a soul."

  "Hold up, do a lot of people not know if they're robots or not?"

  "Thank you for confirming, please step through."

  I roll my eyes, ready to step through before stopping myself. "What happens if I am a robot?"

  "Then the machine would melt you from the inside out, now please step through!"

  "Jeez, alright." I step through, hoping to god I'm not a robot. I stop in the middle, the machine flashing as it takes a photo. It then dispenses a picture to the man. 

  "What's that?"

  "Your temporal aura, please step through the door." 

  ⚛ 

  "Y/l/n. Variant Y1258, AKA Y/n Y/l/n, is charged with sequence violation 10-24-21. How do you plead?"

  I look up to the woman above me. She was dressed as a judge, sitting in whatever you call those things that judges sit on, and was talking to me like a judge. My guess is that she's a judge.

  "Uh.. not guilty, your honor?," I reply, trying to sound professional like people on some of the tv shows I watch. "If I'm being quite honest I'm not even sure what I did."

  The woman sighs. "In your timeline, you were only supposed to wait for Loki to be released. However, you decided to make him cake."

  "Hold up, I'm being arrested for making someone cake? Doesn't that seem a bit tedious?"

  "It goes against your timeline."

  "So what, you're gonna kill me for it?"

  The woman is quiet for a moment, thinking. "No, I think we could have other plans for you."