Chapter 6 : The Business

JOURNEY

I pulled up to Mia and Paye's house and got out of car to help them with their bags. After myselves and Payes relentless begging Mia finally agreed to go out with me. But it had to be tomorrow because she has a dance routine she has to work on for Tuesday, which was cool because I had runs I had to make.

"Yoo King , " I yelled putting the alarm back on the door.
This was one of me and Kings houses that we shared. Only we knew about this house. This where we kept most of our money just in case we ever got busted. It was a 3 story 6 bedroom 4 bathroom house. He had 3 rooms for his shit and I the same.
" I'm in the green room " he yelled out from the room we called the ' green room ' because thats where we counted all the money at.
I walked in the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and a bag of chips and headed that way.
" What up my nigga ?" King said giving my fist a pound.
" Shit. Been with Mia and her little sister almost all day. " I said as he watched me intently.
He looked at me for about 2 minutes then burst out laughing.
" What nigga ?" I said as I started laughing too.
" You. Nigga she got you whipped. " he said going back to counting his money with the machine.
" Nahhh it aint een' like that. I like her man. I may have found my future wife. " I told him lookimg dead ass serious.
" Damn. Its like that ? "
" Yeah man. I want her bad. I dropped about 7-8 g's on her and her sister today. . . Combined. Not that I'm tripping . . But if I took her AND her sister to the mall I must want her. " I told him.
" Damn. You really got it bad. Damn. My nigga done fell in love. Ohhh shit. Wait til' Mama Mae hears about this." King said getting hype.
" Yeah I can't wait for them to meet. Iight nigga. Lets get back to the task at hand. We need to move this dope. Them Niggas from Cali better not had fucked with my money , or I'm killin em'. Shoot first , Ask questions later " I said.
" No doubt. I feel you. Lets ride out my nigga. " King said locking the safe that had all his money in it. .
" Remind me to count my shit when we come back in a few days." I said.
" iight nigga. Let do this." He said hopping in the passenger seat of the Nav. Thats the car we drove when we had to handle business. This one one of the most basic cars we had. Simply because we didn't want all of the attention to be on us. Police around here loved pulling over flashy cars and shit.

Three Hours Later

We pulled up to club dreams 3 hours later ready to do business. It was now 11 o'clock and I promised Mia I'd call by 1. So we had 2 hours to get this shit done. I had the whole crew with me. Not my ' lil' niggas ' but my hunned grands. Not because I was nervous but because thats just the way shit goes it was me , King , Redz, Prince , Knight, Killa , Juice , Handz, Born , and Shy.
King had been my bestfriend since we were in diapers.
Redz too , I met Prince , Knight , Killa , and Juice back in middle scho. Them niggas been down since.
I met Handz , Born , and Shy in 10th. I was just a lil' nigga when these niggas tried to run up on me and jack me and them 3 ran up on their asses. We been tight ever since. Shys a girl. But shes gay. Looks like a girl but dresses and acts like a nigga. And she can put in work. I often times had to check her cause she was worse than me on that ' Shoot first and ask questions later ' shit. She was cold out here in these streets.
" Iight , everyone stay together. These niggas ain't to be trusted. You heard of that bullshit they tried to pull on them niggas from Vegas. " I said to them.
" Yeah yeo. Shit was cold. I wish them bitch made niggas would. And ya'll tell me i'm too ruthless. Shidd. . . Them niggas crazy. But I hope they ain't on no funny shit cause they gon learn TODAY " Shy said getting hyped.
" Alright , Alright , Alrighttttt " Born , her brother said after her.
We all started laughing. As we walked past the gaurds. As soon as we walked in I seen this chick Laylah I fuck from time to time walking my way.
" Hey Daddy." She said wraping her hands around my neck. I unwrapped them and stepped back.
" Whatsup Lah Lah ? " I asked calling her by her nick name.
" Shit , tryna figure out when you gon take me for a ride. " she said winking at me. I knew she was tryna figure out when I was gon come through so I could fuck her. But I wasn't tryna see her like that nomore. Especially after I heard she been seeing one of them MurphyProjects lil' niggas. Something just wasn't sitting right with her ass for me. So I lied to her.
" I'll be there tonight. So go home and get ready for me. Be there in about an hour or so. " I told her.
" Iight, see you soon . " she said kissing me on my cheek. And I watch her leave.
" Iight back to business." I said walking upstairs to the vip section that we'd payed for.
" Now alls thats left to do is wait for them niggas." King said already getting impatient.
We just sat back kicked it , drunk a little smoked a little. But nobody did too much because we wanted to seem relaxed but still ve alert just in case niggas tried to get shit popping.
" Journnn , wassup. Long time no see " Juan said. He had Cali on lock.
" Shit I can't call it. " I said back giving him A fist pound.
" Soo we're here to do business right ? " I nodded " Then lets get this done. Wifey 9 months pregnant. That baby gon come at any minute. I started to send my lil niggas to do the deal but it ain't nothing like bosses being bosses " he said grinning im my face.
" No doubt. " I agreed.
" Its all there " he said. As Shy pulled out the money counter and started counting that shit up.
" 2 mil. Right ? " I reminded him.
" Yupp , you know I always deliever Journ. " Juan said as his men took the bags of dope to the cars.
" Yeah , I know." I looked to Shy and she nodded her head letting me know it was all there.
" It was a pleasure doing business with you Journ. King. See ya'll niggas next time " he said giving King a fist bump.
" Iight. Hollah back nigga. " and with that Jaun and his men we're gone.

I got a text from Mia.

Mia: Journeyyyyyyyyyyy , are you still gonna call?
Me: Of course ma. I haven't forgot about you. Let me wrap this shit up then I'll call you when I get in. Should be around 1.
Mia: Ok daddiee , I'll be waiting.

"Iight Niggas , I'm out. I gotta shorty I'm tryna see about. " I looked at Born. " I'm good to go ? " I asked
" Yeah they gone. The source said they just got to their hotel. But you know you can never be to careful" Born said.
" Cool. I'm out niggas I'll catch up with ya'll tomorrow." I said giving them all dapp then went home , showered , dressed got in the bed and got ready to call Mia.

************************

MIA

I had just gotten out of the shower when I heard my phone ringing.

" Hello." I answered hoping it was Journey.
" You missed me Beautiful?" said a sexy deep voice on the other end of phone.
" Ummm who is this ?" I said deciding to be a smart as since I was partially annoyed.
" Damn ma , you wound me ! You forgot all about me?  And just when I thought you'd be the one to carry my seeds. " he said laughing.
" What seeds you think I'ma carry when you can't keep promises Journey?. " I said.
" Damn its like that ma ? " he said sounding sad.
" Something like it. . Anyway how was your important business. " I said changing the subject.
" It was cool. Hows your dance coming along?" Which made me excited.
"Its PERFECT ! " I squealed "I have the steps for the first 2 verse's and the chrous down. I just hope my partner and I can fit it together in a few hours." I told Journey.
" Thats wassup ma, so whos your partner? " he asked.
" This douche named Deon " I huffed.
" Why is he a douche?"
" Cause we dated a while ago and he became a stalker , agressive ass freak" I said.
" Damn ma. I aint gotta pay him a friendly visit do I ? " Journey asked, making me laugh.
" Noooooooo, " I said.
" So tell me ma , what did you do to that nigga to make him go bonkers ?" Journey laughed.
" Nothing. We only kissed 2 times. Nothing else. He'd go crazier had I given him the business " I said seriously.
Journey was cracking up laughing. " The business?"
" Yes. The business. My cookies. My Nana , my PUSSY !  Is that better? " I said gettimg annoyed.
" Iight Ma , I get the point " he said.
" Good. Hmph " I pouted
" Don't pout. You gon have me acting all in love and such. " he said.
" Boy Hush. " I mumbled falling asleep.
" Go to sleep ma." He whispered in my ear.
" Dont hang up " I mumbled.
" I'm not." After he said that I was out like a light.