Chapter 22

This chapter was so hard to write because of the Adult Five and Y/n thing. So, when I just say Five I mean younger Five, and obviously when it says Adult Five I mean Adult Five. When Y/n is talking about Adult Y/n it will say "Adult me" and when she is talking about herself (younger self) she will say I or me. Makes sense?

Y/n POV:

Five, Luther, and I all walk into the bar where mine and Five's Adult selves are. The familiar sound of Irish music and people chatting fills my ears. Memories of this day come back to me. I remember how nervous and excited I was to see my family again. Five looks around the bar and then pulls me behind a wall.

"Well, there I am," Five says.

Luther walks behind me and we all look at an older man sitting at a bar. More specifically, adult Five. He was in a suit and was writing down equations in his notebook.

"Where are you," Luther asks me.

"In the bathroom puking. Had a bit too much to drink. I was really stressed out," I say.

Luther nods and looks at the briefcase right below Five's feet.

"Why don't we just grab the briefcase and run," He asks.

"Luther, I would never let that happen. We're trained to guard these briefcases with our lives," Five says.

"Right..."

"Plus, it's the inherent paradox where this gets tricky," I say.

"We're endangering our existence just being in the room with ourselves," Five says.

"Huh... What do you mean," Luther asks.

"Luther, try to keep up," I say.

"If old us doesn't travel back to 2019 like they're supposed to, the whole thing unravels itself. We cease to exist. You got me," Five asks as he points to himself.

"I get you."

"So our best chance is to talk with him, to reason with him. And with Y/n when she gets out of the bathroom. They'll understand. Trust me. We know ourselves better than, uh... better than we know ourselves."

I suddenly get an itch on the back of my neck. I scratch my neck but Five moves my hand away so Luther doesn't see me. But it was too late, he saw me.

"You just itched your neck. That's stage two of paradox psychosis," Luther says as he points at me.

"No, I didn't. I didn't itch my neck," I say.

"Denial is stage one."

"I am fine, okay," I yell.

"She is fine," Five yells.

"Let's stay on task, shall we," I suggest.

I look out from behind the wall.

"There I am," I say.

We all watch as Adult me sits in the chair next to Adult Five. I was wearing a black skirt with a blue undershirt and a black blazer. I also had on black heels and my hair was in a bun. I could tell Adult me's hair was a bit shorter than how it mine is right now. Adult Five rubs my back and asks if I'm okay as I sit down. I give him a nod and we both look at the equations.

"Well, let's get this over with," Five says.

We begin to walk to our Adult selves when Luther stops us.

"Wait!"

"What," I ask.

"Maybe I should go first," Luther says.