Chapter 4

Five's POV:

I stand there in shock as Luther walks away. I just told him the world was going to end and all he can say is that he doesn't give a shit? So far it looks like only one person would believe me and I don't even know where she is. I gotta find Y/n fast because I can't do this without her. I follow Luther and pull him over towards the bar.

"The hell is wrong with you, Luther? I just told you the world's gonna end in ten days!"

"Yeah, well, you're always saying that," Luther says.

He tries to walk away but I put my hand on his chest to stop him.

"And so far, I've been right," I say.

"Look, you want to go save the world? Knock yourself out. All right? I already got a job."

"Wait, you work in this shithole?" I ask.

"Yeah. Well, my boss owns the place. I'm his body man."

"What's that? Like a masseuse or something?"

"Okay, you can make fun all you want, but I take good care of Mr. Ruby."

"Wait, Ruby. The Jack Ruby? The gangster who shot Oswald?" I ask in disbelief. Is he seriously working for Jack Ruby?

"Yeah, the one and only."

I scoff and look around.

"Well, it finally happened. That gorilla DNA has taken over your mind," I say.

"Hey, watch it, all right? Jack's a good friend," Luther whispers.

"And you're Number One! Número Uno. Remember?"

"There is no Number One. Not anymore. Not in 1963. Look, I've been stranded here alone for a year. What did you expect?"

"I get it, all right? You watched Pogo die, the world exploded, and I marooned your big dumb ass in time. I'm sorry, okay? But I'm asking for your help, Luther. The Umbrella Academy needs you."

"It doesn't need me. It never did."

"Luther, honey, Jack's about to lose it on some half-wit. A little help?"

I turn around and see the lady from earlier.

"Ah, shit," Luther mumbles as he walks away.

"Luther, wait...," I began to say. Luther turns around and walks towards me.

"Listen. You and Y/n are the geniuses who said we should jump. Right? You two are the ones who got us stuck here."

"Do not blame this on Y/n! It's not her fault, it's mine," I argue.

"Whatever. And you're the one who brought Vanya. So if there is a doomsday coming, she's probably the cause. And if I was gonna do something about it, it sure as hell is not gonna be with you. Go find Y/n and have her help you."

I watch Luther as he walks away. Why won't anyone listen? We need to solve this thing and we need to solve it now! It's already bad enough that we are stuck here. I walk over to the bar and pour myself some scotch. I look over at Luther and watch as he drags some drunk dude out of the bar.

"Dad should've left him on the moon," I say.

I take one last sip of my drink and get up from the chair I was sitting in. As I got out of the chair I hear my blazer tear. I look down and notice it was my pocket that tour. I also notice something in my pocket. I put my hand in it and pull out a yellow box. I turn it over and see something written on it. 11/22/ 64, Frankel Footage. Where did this come from? I think about anywhere that I could have gotten this from until I remember...Hazel. He must have slipped it in my pocket before he got shot. I leave the nightclub and walk down the streets. I must be at least 45 minutes away from Elliott's so I decided to sleep in a motel that was across the street for the night. I didn't have any money so I would just have to find a random room to sleep in and hope no one catches me. I blink up to the third floor and walk through the hall trying to find any room that wasn't taken. Finally, I get to one and blink inside. It was a small room with one bed and a TV but it will do. I take off my blazer, shoes, socks, and sweater vest. I lay all of my clothes and the footage on the nightstand next to me. I lay on the bed and stare at the ceiling. This will be the first time in a long time that I won't be having Y/n asleep next to me. I sigh and turn to my side. I close my eyes and try to go to sleep.