Chapter 9

Y/N POV:

Five, Vanya, and I are currently at a coffee shop. More specifically, the coffee shop I work at. I convinced them to come here because I needed to pick up my paycheck anyways. On our way here we found a flyer with Luther's face on it. He has a fight tonight at 7:00. Five and I decided to go and Vanya agreed to come with us. Ann, my boss, was pouring all of us some coffee. She was about to walk away when Five stopped her.

"Leave the pot, dear."

Ann rolls her eyes and sets the pot down in front of Five.

"Lippy little shit," Ann mumbles as she walks away.

"Thank you Ann," I yell.

Five and I take sips of our coffees while Vanya stares at us.

"You gonna drink yours or what?" I ask Vanya.

"You two gonna tell me what the hell's going on?" Vanya asks.

"When you were a baby, you were bought by an eccentric billionaire. He raised you in an elite academy with seven other siblings with extraordinary powers, but in the year 2019, in order to avoid the apocalypse, we jumped into a vortex and ended up being scattered throughout the timeline in Dallas, Texas," Five explains.

"Well, that's one way to put it," I whisper.

Vanya and Five both turn around and look at me.

"Any questions?" I ask Vanya.

"What do you mean the apocalypse?"

"We mean the end of the world as we know it," I say.

"Yeah, but how?"

Five and I both look at each other.

"You really don't remember anything?" I ask.

"No, nothing before a month ago."

"Then what do you remember?" Five asks.

"I landed in, like, a... back alley. Got hit by a car. I ended up dislocating my shoulder. I had no idea how I got there, or where I came from," Vanya says.

"What about your memory tho? Did you lose your memory from getting hit by the car?"  I ask.

"No. The hospital ran tests on me to try and figure out what caused my memory loss. I ended up getting an EEG test done on my brain. Turns out, my electrical signals were all messed up. The doctors said they have never seen anything like it. They couldn't figure out what caused my electrical signals to get scrambled so bad. I can't remember any past memories from before a month ago. I can, however, remember stuff from the past month," Vanya explains.

"If your electrical signals aren't working, how can you remember stuff from the past month?" Five asks.

"Your body makes new electrical signals every second. When someone's electrical signals get messed up they can't remember anything from the past before the electrical signals got scrambled. But as I said, the human body makes new ones every second. So, the new electrical signals are what allow her to remember stuff from the past month to today," I say.

Five and Vanya both turn around to look at me. Shit. I didn't even realize I said that out loud. Five gives me a 'seriously?' look and Vanya was in shock.

"Yeah...how did you know that?" Vanya asks.

"I uh-"

"Our Dad made us take medical classes. Y/n was the best in the class so that's how she knows," Five says.

I give Vanya a small smile and nod my head.

"What causes the apocalypse?" Vanya asks.

Five and I both sit in silence not knowing what to say.