Chapter 15

A/n: F/C= Favorite condiment (Like mustard or ketchup, etc.)

Y/N POV:

Five and I were walking back to Elliott's from our little meeting with The Handler.

"Are we gonna take her offer," I ask.

"I'm not sure yet. First, we gotta find Dad and try to talk to him. But, if we do take the deal, you know you don't have to go with me right? I can do it by myself if you want. I know how guilty you always felt when we had to...well, you know," Five says.

"No, it's okay. I'll go with you. I would feel even more guilty if I let you do it by yourself. I can't believe Lila is part of The Commisson. I always knew something was up with her but I didn't think she would be working for them."

"I'm more concerned about how she was able to get across the room so fast. And how she was able to talk to us in our minds. I think she might have powers," Five says.

"There's no way. Only 8 of us were born. Right? And how could she have both of our powers?"

"Well there could be more like us but Dad just never told us. We will just have to keep in mind that there is a possibility that she could have powers."

I look behind me and see a long black car following us. I noticed that it has been following us ever since we left that abandoned warehouse. I stop walking and grab Five's hand.

"Have you noticed that that car has been following us ever since we left the warehouse," I ask.

Five turns around and looks at the car. We watch as it slowly drives up to us. When it was next to us it comes to a complete stop. The driver's side door opens and an older man steps out. Five moves me a bit behind him. The man walks up to us, hands Five an envelope, gets back in the car, and then drives away. Five looks at the envelope and opens it.

"From the office of Sir Reginald Hargreeves...," Five reads.

"Holy shit. How did he find us?"

"I don't know."

Five continues to read the letter.

"To my Pursueres; I, Reginald Hargreeves, request the pleasure of company for a light supper on the 20th of November, 1963 at half past seven o'clock. 1624 Magnolia Street, Dallas, Texas."

"That's today," I say.

"Yeah, I know."

I take the invitation out of Five's hand and look at it.

"A light supper? He wants to have a light supper with us," I ask.

"I guess so."

I hand Five the invitation and he puts it in his blazer pocket.

"Do you think the others got invitations to?"

"I wouldn't doubt it. Come on, I'll blink us to Elliott's."

"Wait, actually... can you blink us to town? I'm kinda hungry," I say.

"Sure, why not."

Five grabs my hand and blinks us to one of the streets in town. I look around the street and see a familiar restaurant. Elliott has taken me there before. It's a food truck with outdoor seating.

"Come on, let's go there. Elliott took me there before. It's pretty good," I say as I point to the restaurant.

Five takes my hand and we walk across the street to the small restaurant.

☂   ♡   ☂   ♡   ☂   ♡   ☂   ♡

Five and I were finishing up eating at the restaurant. I ended up getting a sandwich while Five just got French Fries with coffee. When I tell you I was starving... I mean I was STARVING. I'm pretty sure the last time I had a decent meal was yesterday when I was getting ready for the gala. Elliott ended up making me and everyone else dinner while we all got ready. I look up from my sandwich to see Five looking at me with a smile on his face.

"What," I ask.

"You uh... got some F/C on your face," Five says with a chuckle.

I tap my face but don't feel anything.

"Where?"

Five chuckles and licks his thumb. He gently wipes the corner of my lip. He wipes his thumb on a napkin and smiles.

"There, it's all gone," Five says.

"Thank you."

Five was already done eating, he was just waiting for me to get done.

"Is this a date," I ask.

"Huh?"

"Is this a date? We haven't been on one in a while. I'm pretty sure the last time we had one was when we went to that bar before our last mission with The Commisson. Unless you count when we went to that pizza place when we were in 2019."

"Do you wanna count this as a date," Five asks.

"Sure."

"Then yes, this is a date," Five says with a smile.

I give him a smile back. I wipe my hands on a napkin and dig around in my purse. I pull out a $1.50 and set it on the table.

"Alright, I'm done," I say as I stand up.

"Come on, I'll blink us to Elliott's so we don't have to walk," Five says.

He grabs my hand and we walk to a less crowded place. When we find one, Five blinks us to my room at Elliott's. I take off my shoes and hang up my purse. I look at the clock on my nightstand. It's only 3:27. I flop on my bed and close my eyes.

"What are you doing," Five asks.

"Taking a nap," I say with my eyes closed.

"But we have to go to this supper thing."

"But that's not till 7:00. I have time. Plus, I'm so tired. These last two days have been crazy."

"What about doomsday? We still have to stop it," Five says.

"Well, we can't do anything until we see Dad tonight."

"True."

"Come take a nap with me. I can tell you tired," I say as I pat the spot on the bed next to me.

"How can you tell that I'm tired if your eyes are closed?"

"I can hear it in your voice."

"My voice?"

I sigh and sit up.

"Are you gonna get in this bed, cuddle with me, and take a nap or not," I ask.

Five just stares at me.

"Please," I ask.

Five sighs.

"Fine," he says with a little smile.

I clap my hands and get under my covers. Five takes off his shoes and socks and walks over to my bed. He gets in and lays next to me. I lay my head on Five's shoulder while he lays his head on top of mine. We both close our eyes and lay there in comforting silence.

So the reason why I had Five and Y/n take a nap is because I didn't know what to write in between the time they get to Elliott's apartment to when they go to the supper. A nap was the only thing I could think of haha. Also, do married couples go on dates? IDK if they do. My parents don't go on any anymore but that's only because they don't have time. Oh yeah, sorry for the short chapter, I ain't really feeling good 😅

Fun Fact: When Y/n and Five were younger, if they would get into arguments they would always make up by getting each other Griddy's. Or, Y/n would make Five a peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich while Five would make Y/n toast with Nutella.

Outfit: Same one as chapters 13 and 14 .