Chapter 19 - The Second Dream

Chapter 19 – The Second Dream

SWDBAS was a fucking drag really it was. They gave me no option of using my own comfortable techniques or my sword and the only thing that they gave me was a fucking piece of metal that they call a sword and expected me to start swinging with all my might. Treyah had stereotypes for sword users and gladly I was not one of those stereotypical guys who charged and swung without strategy. My discipline which was the Jigoku Mugen Satsujin Ken (Hell's Infinite Killing Sword) relied on mostly analytic calculation when it comes to fighting with swords or fighting in general. Thankfully after this long day my classes were already over (SWDBAS being my last class). I headed to my dorm in order to get some shut eye because my body injuries were still bothering me. Damn that Melfice. Why'd he have to summon that Efreeta? It was a very weak thing to do at all.

I made my way towards my bed as soon as I got to my dorm and I just took off the jacket portion of my uniform and immediately I lay down on the bed and with no effort at all, I had fallen asleep.

General POV

"Welcome back." A voice had said in the dark void, the place that Seiryu had been before.

"Where am I?" Seiryu had asked the voice and suddenly, the hooded man with a huge scythe had reappeared in front of him. "That scythe, I've seen that before…" Seiryu had thought to himself.

"Where else? We are in the depths of darkness itself. Haven't you forgotten? You chose to accept this power." The hooded man had said.

"I didn't." Seiryu had replied to him.

"Whatever makes you happy dark child." The man with the scythe had said. In an instant, Seiryu's katana had appeared in his hands. He immediately rushed at the hooded man only to find out that he was intangible.

"Was that supposed to be an attack?" the hooded man replied.

"I've shunned you already…" Seiryu had said to him as he braced himself in his fighting stance.

"By being friends with that girl? Don't be naïve. One person could not make a difference on how you are now. You're still scarred, like the miserable person you are." The hooded man had said to him. He hated to admit It though, but the hooded man had a point.

"Trauma still reigns supreme in the end." The hooded man told him as he began to fade away.

The dark energy in the void had begun to act up and Seiryu was in the middle of it all. Dark Spirit energy began to engulf him and what's worse is that he wasn't even putting up a fight.

"Take it all in…let it be your escape…" the voice of the hooded man echoed and immediately Seiryu had drowned in the darkness of the spirit energy that had surrounded him.

"This power…it feels…like it completes me…" Seiryu had said slowly as the color in his eyes had already disappeared.

Seiryu POV

The darkness had engulfed me in this void, but the big question is why didn't I fight it? Why did I accept it willingly?

"You know why?"

"Huh?" I suddenly said out loud.

"You want to be stronger…"

"I…do…" I replied slowly.

"Bahamut was just the start. That was just the acceptance phase."

"I…understand…" I replied again.

"Unlocking the true potential of the Satsujin Ken is the next…"

I couldn't resist. I was being held against my will. The void was taking control as it kept saying that I needed the darkness just as it needed me. The bloodlust inside me was the trigger. It was like some kind of a fucked up mutual agreement. I kept on hoping for light, but it seemed like it wasn't going to come.

Eternal void, empty, stoic, dark, pitch black. It fit everything that I was in right now. I knew I wasn't going to get out soon. Maybe the darkness really is me.

"Just succumb to it. You know you need it…" The hooded man had appeared again.

I stretched out my hand in order to receive the final blessing from the hooded man. He began to change into a more pure form of dark spirit energy and slowly the energy seeped first into my hands and slowly it had engulfed my arm and the rest of my body.

"That's it…"

"No don't…take me instead" I heard someone say as it sounded like the voice of a girl.

The grip of the spirit energy had broken from me and it was going somewhere else. It was headed to the direction of where the girl's voice had come from.

"Elle!" I said as I saw her and she tried to get the dark energy away from me. She was trying to get the spirit energy away from me and into her.

"NO!" I exclaimed as I got in between her and the dark energy as it began to consume me again.

"Get out now…" I said to the girl as dark energy began to engulf me more.

"No…" she had said to me.

"I didn't choose the darkness to be stronger…I chose it in order to keep you safe. I don't want it to harm you…" I said to her as I protected her from the darkness.

General POV

In an instant, Seiryu had woken up and as he checked the clock, it was 2 am. He had been asleep for almost four hours now.

"That dream again…but this time I saved Elle by accepting the darkness…" he thought to himself. He got up and walked out of his dorm as he made his way towards the school gate. After he had gotten to the school gate, he had sat down on the spot where he had talked to Zaix earlier.

"When will it stop? Will the darkness take me?" he thought some more. He began to feel scared but he had learned one thing from his dream though.

"No, the real question is will the darkness take Elle too?" Seiryu had asked himself. "I'd die first before that happens…I won't let it take her…" he assured himself as he stood up and went back to his dorm.