Chapter 25 - Breaking Down

Chapter 25 – Breaking Down

"Time to die" Seiryu had said as he rushed at Lucian in a very fast manner. The rapier wileder got up immediately in order to avoid his attacker.

"His affinity seems to boost everything that he does." Lucian had said as he saw Seiryu's body being surrounded with dark spirit energy. The long haired student then stopped attacking and stretched out his hand.

"Gravity Pull." He had uttered as a dark force began to appear on his hand and he let out a huge orb afterwards. It had a force that pulled Lucian towards the huge orb of darkness. The rapier wielder struggled to break free, but that wasn't the worst thing that was about to happen. As he was fighting the gravitational pull, Seiryu had appeared in front of him with his blade surrounded by dark spirit energy.

"This is the end…" he had said coldly.

"No…" Lucian had said as he broke free from the gravitational pull of the magic that Seiryu had casted and the huge dark orb a disappeared. Lucian himself was being surrounded by dark spirit energy. "Not even close…" he added as he rushed at Seiryu to attack him.

Lucian was on the offensive while Seiryu as parrying all his shots effortlessly and he tried to attack him with a spinning slash, but Seiryu immediately caught it and parried it with his katana. The long haired student then began to speed up even more and in an instant he hit Lucian with his blade engulfed in dark spirit energy.

"Mugen no Jigoku Ikari" Seiryu had said as Lucian had been stunned again and was engulfes in a series of dark spirit energy bursts. His bodyfell on the roof pavement afterwards and immediately Seiryu stood over it.

"Lifeless…" he had said coldly.

"You're not like this, snap out of it!" A voice seemingly said in his head. Seiryu had lost focus in a millisecond. Lucian's body still lay on the pavement as he saw and pointed his katana on his head.

"You'll die here…" Seiryu had said again and he was about to stab Lucian's head but something had stopped him from doing so.

"No…enough!" the voice had said again and this time Seiryu had backed away from Lucian's body. He then saw the rapier wielding student get up to his feet slowly.

"Conflict…your mind is in conflict…" he had said as he got up and held on his rapier. He seemed to know what exactly was going on with him for he was versed with the darkness himself.

Seiryu had knelt down in pain as he clutched his head, dropping his katana in the process.

"Wh-Why…..what's happening to me?" he had asked and for a moment there the real Seiryu had reappeared in front of Lucian but immediately had disappeared and the black haired student reverted back to his fighting stance.

"Brace yourself." Seiryu had said as he stood up and rushed at Lucian and swung his sword as he was on the offensive. Lucian attepted to parry Seiryu's incoming strikes as he was getting the feel and distance, but in an instant the long haired student had disappeared right in front of him and this stunned Lucian. Seiryu reappeared behind him with his katana charged with dark spirit energy.

"Kokuryuge Senko… (Dark Searing Flash attack)" Seiryu had said as his attepted to bake contact with Lucian.

"Think again." Lucian had said as he parried the incoming attack. Their swords clashed while trying to best one another. Seiryu was pushing forward with his attack while his opponent tried to hang in there with his defense.

"I can't hold on…" Lucian had said and the long haired student eventually had broke through his defenses and landed the attack flush on his torso. The rapier wielder fell to the ground on his knees and he coughed out blood. He was in pain as he clutched his torso.

"So this is your raw power…" the fallen man had said as he tried to support himself by thrusting his rapier on the pavement. "Interesting…" he had added as he was on his last leg. Lucian had summoned what was left of his dark spirit energy and it began to build up on his sword. He stood up with effort and he tried to concentrate and focus all his energy on this next attack. "I guess I'll have to stop you now…before you go out of control." He added.

"Come and try…" Seiryu had said as he reverted to the true stance of the Seirei Bunshu which was the right one-handed thrust.

"Ankoku Ryu Ken ougi" Lucian had said as he rushed towards Seiryu with the speed that had matched the gods. Seiryu had done the same. Their speed was equal so what mattered now was who was going to land first. The power of the attack was not an issue here because both result to serious injuries or even death if it landed flush on either one of them. As they were getting closer, the two students had reappeared and they were even getting closer to killing each other now.

"Zankuraiken!" Lucian had shouted.

"Sei Kurai Bunshu! (Dark Spirit Splitter)" Seiryu had shouted.

The two students had made contact and a huge explosion had then followed afterwards. There was an immense burst of spirit energy as the two of them were nowhere to be found. The explosion had cleared moments later and one body was seen falling while the other was landing safely on the roof pavement. It turns out Lucian was the one who fell on the pavement while Seiryu had landed on the ground safely.

"Pitiful fool" Seiryu had said as he had sheathed his sword and held it in his left hand, but then something did not feel right for he dropped his katana again and clutched his head.

"Let me go!" a voice said. It was the voice that Seiryu had kept hearing throughout his fight with Lucian. "You can't control me like this…" the voice had said.

"Shut up!" Seiryu had said outloud as he fell down on his knees. "Get…out!" he had said as a huge pain in the head had approached him. "It hurts…" he said as he was about to pass out. Dark spirit energy had seeped out of his body as he lay on the ground unconscious.

Seiryu POV

It turns out that he manipulated me. I was used to fulfill my own bloodlust. I had let the darkness corrupted me and while that thing was out there, I was here caged against my will. I had the power, but I wasn't able to control it. It took over me. I've never felt so used in my life. Is this the power I sought?

"Well done…" the voice had said. I couldn't say anything in return. It turns out that I needed the darkness. I was vulnerable and weak as it began to take over my entire being. I was stuck inside this void in myself.

I tried to look for the light, but it was no use, for his words were right.

The closer you get to the light, the taller your shadow becomes.

Maybe it was destiny that I had nurtured this power inside me. It felt right at the same time it felt wrong. Maybe I was just having an illusion with these split personalities because I know it was me, just like the other fights. I wanted to be stronger, better than everyone else. That darkness imbued person was I; it had the same lust for blood as I, sure looked like me. Maybe, I wasn't supposed to escape the darkness.

I felt the energy seep through my body like water. Fear, which was what I had towards this power but, I have nurtured already by seclusion. There was no turning back, this was who I am, who I'll ever be. Light was useless for it cannot shine anymore in the depths of hell itself that was the truth I have discovered for myself.