Chapter 15 - Seiryu vs Melfice

Chapter 15 – Seiryu vs. Melfice

Seiryu immediately rushed towards Melfice with his Seirei Bunshu attack. He was going in super fast speed that even Melfice's keen eye could not predict where he was going to come from.

"Which angle is he going to strike?" he thought to himself. "He's pretty fast, I can't predict him…" he added.

In an instant, Seiryu appeared in front of him, still going at a speed that seemed to surpass the gods. He held his stance very firmly as he now attempted to impale Melfice with his katana. Spirit Energy began building up on the outer coating of his blade.

"Seirei Bunshu form 1, side thrust." Seiryu had said as he pushed his sword in front of him.

"Too slow!" Melfice had replied as he deflected the attack by pushing Seiryu's sword on his right side.

"And now you're open to a counter attack." Melfice had said as he readied his Hybrid sword. Spirit Energy built up on the blade as well and in a split second, he attempted to slash Seiryu with his lit blade.

"Firebrand Hybrid Form 1, Ember Tail!" Melfice had said, but as he attempted to slash Seiryu, he noticed that the long haired student had disappeared in front of him which caused his attack to miss. He was widely open to a counter attack and as he looked up in the air, he noticed Seiryu above him with his katana raised above his head.

"What the?! When did he get up there?" Melfice had said in surprise.

"Vertical Cross." Seiryu had said as he again attempted to attack Melfice with one of his signature moves. Thankfully though, Melfice had parried the attack, but not without a price for the earth beneath him had sunk from the impact of Seiryu's attack.

Seiryu jumped away from Melfice and he sheathed his sword as he reverted to his signature battojutsu stance. Melfice still felt the impact of the Vertical Cross as he tried to regain his composure. He shifted to a different stance as well and in an instant his Hybrid blade had split into two. He held on two swords, with one in each hand.

"I guess I have to kick things up a notch Seiryu." He said to him smugly. "I had no idea that you we're this skilled. Chaining two attacks together in rapid succession, you had me fooled. You used your first attack as a springboard to open up my defenses, but still you failed. Nice attempt though." Melfice added.

"He's a top notch swordsman if he noticed that the Seirei Bunshu was just a guard opener. Just who is this guy?" Seiryu thought to himself as he focused on his next attack.

"I guess this is going to be a contest of speed." Melfice had said. "Sword draw attacks tend to be speedy in nature." He added.

"He knew already just from looking at my stance? So he's analytical in combat as well." Seiryu thought to himself.

"Let's just see who really is the faster one between us." Melfice had said.

"Do you ever stop talking?" Seiryu had said and he heard Melfice laugh at him.

"Irritated already? And just as about when I was taking things seriously already…" Melfice had said as he rushed at Seiryu with great speed. The long haired student wasn't left behind either for he had also rushed at his enemy with his battojutsu stance still formed. What Melfice said had been right. This was going to be a contest of who can attack first. Winner takes all and loser ends up injured or worse dead. Seiryu had focused his entirety on his attack.

"I can't lose…" he thought to himself.

"Firebrand Hybrid Form 2, Hell's Flames!" Melfice had said as both of his blades were engulfed in flames.