Chapter 16 - Stoppage

Chapter 16 – Stoppage

"That's just unfair." Seiryu had said as he saw Efreeta, a summoned beast right in front of him. "I thought that this would just be a battle between you and me. Not a battle between you, your summon and me." He added

"Desperate times call for desperate measures." Melfice had said.

"Oh so when you get in a pitch, you call out your summon? Very manly indeed." Seiryu had said to him as he noticed Melfice was already getting pissed at him.

"Efreeta! Flame Impulse now!" Melfice had said as the summon had obeyed his orders. Efreeta had sent flame blasts towards me and I tried to evade them with my god-like speed.

"No good, this thing can see me even if I'm moving fast." Seiryu had said as he now rushed at Efreeta to attack him.

"Yakekoge Senko!" Seiryu had said, but in his surprise Efreeta had disappeared right in front of him causing him to stop the attack.

"What the?!" Seiryu had thought to himself and the flame summon had appeared right behind him and gave him a huge flame punch. It had sent him flying across the fields and he fell on the ground finally.

"Crap…fucking summon" Seiryu thought has he tried to get up from his predicament. He already had injuries present all throughout his body and his uniform was already again, ripped.

"Note to self, don't fight in school uniforms..." Seiryu said as he was again speeding away from the summon.

"Where do you think you're going?!" Melfice had said as he got up on Efreeta's back while he had drawn his Hybrid sword. He was riding on top the back of Efreeta and the summon had began to stand on all fours.

"Fuck, all my techniques will be useless against that thing. I need to find a way to get him off that monster." Seiryu had said as he was speeding away from Melfice and his summon.

"Fire Pillar!" Melfice had said as Efreeta had blasted the skies with its flames. The span of the fire had covered most of the ground that Melfice and Seiryu we're fighting on and it seemed virtually unescapable. "Part two, Flame Rain!" Melfice had said as it began to rain fire balls and they hurled towards Seiryu.

The long haired student began to slash away the fireballs that had come his way and the other remaining fireballs; well he had dodged them with his godlike speed. There were too many fireballs and he knew that the fire rain will continue still if the skies were still covered with Efreeta's fire.

"Too much fire, it's already irritating me…" Seiryu had said has he jumped backwards and let stretched out his hand as if he we're going to blast fireballs himself.

"Thunder" Seiryu had said as he sent thunder bolts rushing towards Melfice. He knew that he had to get him off that summoned beast in order to attack him.

"That's a poor attempt Seiryu!" Melfice had said as he caught and disintegrated Seiryu's bolts with his sword. "Now Efreeta, Flame Rush!" he had commanded his beast as it began to move faster than Seiryu ever imagined. He tried to get away from it but it was of no use. Eventually it had caught up with him and immediately it had rammed the long haired student with its flaming body and it rendered him motionless for quite sometime.

Seiryu POV

Fuck, this guy was overpowering me with his summoned beast. He probably felt that I had the edge over sword skills so he resorted to summoning that flame beast. The thought of me beating him was suddenly beginning to diminish for it was already an unfair fight. If only, I had a summon that I could use just for now. I just needed a distraction from that fire freak.