Chapter 11 - Exams and Hybrids

Chapter 11 – Exams and Hybrids

Elle and I had finally made our way back to the second year corridors and I saw that the hallways had already become crowded. We made our way to see what the fuss is about and when I already had a good view of what was going on, I just hid a smirk to show how pathetic it was. I saw a person with short blue hair. His hairstyle was that of a clean typical oasis cut that typical guys sport and it raised on one side. He had emerald green eyes and he was wearing the school uniform of our battle academy. On his hand was a weapon which I had not seen before. It was a cross between a gun and a sword and I faintly remember Elle mentioning what it was called. I think it was called a hybrid, but whatever. He was showing off his weapon to the students that surrounded him and he was also showing them some of its "cool" features. Moments later, Elle had made her way to the person I was describing and I followed her. The guy began to notice Elle getting closer and he probably saw me too.

"Yo Elle, how was break?" I had heard the guy ask.

"It was fine. I see that you're showing off again as usual Melfice." I had heard Elle reply to him.

"Not really, I was just showing them some features of the hybrid." Melfice replied and I notice him looking at me. He probably wondered who I was. Elle noticed Melfice looking at me and then she said:

"Oh, I almost forgot, Melfice, this is Seiryu. He's from class D." and immediately after that I saw a sudden change in the mood of Melfice. He tried to hide it from me though.

"Heya!" Melfice had replied to me and he gestured his hand out to me and expected a handshake. "I'm Melfice, and I'm a transfer student from Briggs." He added. I did not react to him.

"Ohhh, silent type huh? That's okay." Melfice replied and I began to walk away from him, but just after that, I felt something fast approaching and I immediately reacted by pulling out my katana from its sheath. It turns out Melfice attempted to attack me and currently our blades clashed with each other.

"So the rumors are true. Seiryu of class D has elite level swordsmanship." I had heard him say to me and as I looked at his eyes, it seemed that his happy go lucky demeanor had changed to a more serious one. Students present in the hallway were looking at us as I pushed Melfice away from me with one swing of my blade. He landed on his feet as expected and he assumed a fighting stance in front of me. I just stood in front of him with my sword on my right hand and the sheath on the left. Amazing that he was just a transfer student here and he already knew that I was an elite level swordsman. He has his sources.

"I have no time for this.." I said to him as I turned my back and attempted to walk away. Just as I was walking away, I felt two projectiles approaching me and immediately I deflected them with my sword.

"Fast reflexes too. It just makes me want to fight you more." Melfice had said.

"Stop it Melfice." I had heard Elle say calmly. "Enough of your childish games.." she added and with that being said he disarmed himself immediately.

"Meet me in the fields behind the academy after I finish my detention session." I said to him. "Don't be late." I added as I sheathed my sword and went to my classroom door. Before I could even enter Elle had already approached me from behind.

"You're going to fight him? Haven't you learned anything?!" she said to me.

"Shut up and mind your own business." I replied to her coldly and went inside the classroom where I was supposed to take my exam in HISTOWA.

Moments later, everything had calmed down. The professor in HISTOWA had arrived in our room and he was carrying thick papers with him. I was actually a little surprised because I never expected the exams to be that long and thick.

"Okay class, this here's your final exam. It's a 50 page questionnaire and it has the answer sheet with it inside." He told us as he distributed the exams one by one to the students of the class and eventually I managed to get a copy of the exam. I skimmed through the pages of the questionnaire and saw that this was going to be easy. From what I have skimmed through, the questions were kind of generic and nothing really required technical jargon.

I opened the test booklet and began answering the test which was my final exam for this course. The questions were easy but it was a long test for it had 500 questions in it. I looked around after a while and noticed some students are already struggling in answering the exam. I guess those guys didn't study at all.

Thirty minutes later, I found myself answering the last ten questions of the exam. I paced myself and took each question seriously for they are trick questions. Immediately when the answer flashed in my head, I answered the corresponding question that it was matched too and after all that, I had finished answering the final exam for HISTOWA. I closed the questionnaire and stacked it up with my answer sheet and immediately I stood up from my seat. I noticed too that Yue was already done with her exam and she stood as well and became the first one to hand over her exam and get out of the room. I followed after her and then got back to my seat. I took my katana with me and then I got out of the room.

I walked towards where my dorm was located. I probably need some sleep in this two hour break that I have. I still have detention after my last class which is UTILIMAG so I needed the rest. Plus the fact that I challenged Melfice into a fight today after detention, I sometimes wonder why do I have excessive bloodlust and the urge to fight. Elle was right and yet, I actually shun her with what I said to her earlier. I shut her up, but what's done is done. I made it to my dorm room and I immediately put away my katana and lay down on the bed and closed my eyes.