Chapter 2 - Everyday Treyah

Chapter 2 – Everyday Treyah

Apparently I did not fall asleep during the lecture of the professor for whatever reasons. Fuck I whish this guy would shut up already, I mean who needs to learn history when what matters is the world today? I just stared at my desk just to pass time hoping that I would indeed fall asleep. My katana was at my side as always and that's all I had. I didn't bring notebooks, papers and all that type of school stuff because I knew I wouldn't need it. This is a battle academy after all and pragmatism plays a more important part in here than just taking notes. Each student in my block had their weapons on their sides just like mine and whatever weapon you wield determines the special classes you have to take.

I am only with Block D in my general education courses such as HISTOWA (History of Warfare), which I am in now, COMBASIC (Combat Basics), ANHUMBO (Anatomy of the Human Body), ENSURV (Environment and Survival), and UTILIMAG (Magic Utility). The rest of my classes are on the 5th floor of this establishment which consisted of SWDBAS (Sword fighting Basics), ADREDEV (Advanced Reflex Development), SPARBLADE1 (Sparring with the Blade 1), and MEDFOC (Meditation and Focus, a prerequisite to one of my subjects in the latter term).

You are given the free will to choose your weapon at the start of your year here in Treyah Battle Academy so basically you are in charge of what you ought to be when you graduate out of here. Many students here choose the sword as a weapon because of its extreme availability to anyone. They actually sell swords here in our academy but the quality really sucks to be honest. I remember one instance in my SPARBLADE1 class; I had a sparring partner using a sword that was bought from the weapon depot here. I broke it in half in an instant, thus giving me a perfect score for that day. That just goes to show you that you really should consider first carefully before you buy your weapons.

The professor was still lecturing and I looked at my watch. It was only five minutes before he dismisses us. He then flashed something on the hologram board in front of us. It was a reviewer probably for an exam.

"Okay students, before I dismiss you, I will send you this reviewer to the computers embedded on your desks." I had heard the professor said. Our classroom was really high tech and all that. Each individual desk had a computer embedded to it to ensure efficiency in learning. All we needed to bring was our Flash Disk Cards or FDCs in short and copy the data onto it and I did copy the reviewer to my own FDC and turned off my desk afterwards. Each student here was entitled to their own FDC with the size of 20 gigabytes.

The FDC does not only hold data but it can show you a hologram of the data stored in it in document form which made it more efficient for the student to study rather than carrying a laptop or notebooks. The professor had dismissed us afterwards and I went out of the room along with the rest of the students.

I had a 2 hour break until my next class which was UTILIMAG in the same room so I'd probably go to my dorm and get some sleep first. UTILIMAG for me was one of the more annoying classes because I just think magic is useless if the student is weak. It all boils down to combat skills in the end anyway so if I were given the free will, I would just not go to that class at all, but unfortunately I didn't so I had to go to that class. I can use magic yes, just the basic elemental ones like Fire, Thunder, Ice and Earth, but when it comes to non-elemental magic such as Confusion, Light, Dark, Poison, Paralysis and etc. I cannot. I didn't need magic anyway I had my sword skills to back me up in combat.

I now made my way towards my dormitory and to my surprise, I saw someone standing in front of my door. I went nearer and noticed that it was Zaix. He probably was on break too from his class. He was a junior which meant that he was a year older than me.

"You on break?" he asked me.

"Yeah" I replied coldly.

"What's your next class?" he asked me again.

"UTILIMAG" I replied coldly. "What about you?" I added.

"Just came from my FISPAR1 (Fist Fight Sparring) class. Hoped to catch you going back here knowing that you'd be sleeping in between breaks." He replied.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I actually have some news regarding the fight earlier today." He replied to me. Probably those Block A seniors want a rematch for the beatdown I gave them, but they can't possibly do so now because I injured them pretty bad.

"What about it?" I asked him again.

"The news had reached their class prefect and from what I heard, he wants to challenge you himself in a fight." Zaix replied to me.

"Where did you hear about this?" I asked him some more. Their class prefect huh, I had heard about him quite a few times and from the things I have heard about him, he was a sword fighter just like myself and had good technique in his arsenal.

"My buddy Jean told me man. He had been snooping around senior territory while I was in class." Zaix replied.

"Well, he knows where to find me." I replied as I turned back and started walking.

"Wait, you ain't going to sleep no more?' Zaix had asked me as I stopped.

"I just want this to be over with." I replied to him without turning and I resumed walking away from him.

Their prefect was probably on the fourth floor of the Academy so I planned to go there to pay him a visit. I took the elevator and rode it to the fourth floor. I was now at the 4th floor and I took my time as I walked the hallways of senior territory. I had been holding my Katana, which was sheathed, in my left hand with its chain wrapped around my hands. The seniors that I passed by probably thought that I was out of my mind because I walked in their territory. One even set foot in front of me and said;

"The hell do you think you are punk?"

I did not reply to him. He was just a big lug with a mind of an ant and it annoyed me because he was in my way.

"Move" I said to him with the intent to hurt and kill.

The huge student suddenly burst out with laughter along with his crew in the hallways. I knew their type; they were the ones who probably bullied their loser batchmates as well. As much as I wanted to burst this guy's bubble, I did not have time to deal with small fry.

"Move if you don't want to get hurt." I said to him again.

"You think you can hurt-"

But before he could finish talking, I already struck him down with my fast sword drawing technique and he fell down to the ground with a huge wound on his torso area. He wasn't dead yet, but I really wanted to do him in.

"If any of you guys are smart you would take him to the infirmary." I told the other seniors in the hallway. They hesitated to attack me and instead, they just picked up the body of the big lug and rushed towards the infirmary.

"Wow, so you're the one who beat some of the elite fighters of the Block A of the seniors." A voice behind me said. I turned around to see it and I saw a man holding a long broad sword. He had a bandana around his head and his blonde hair spiked unevenly. He was wearing the same school uniform as I am but he had a badge on the upper left portion of his jacket. He must be the class prefect of Block A.

"You the class prefect of Block A?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I was going to meet you downstairs but you actually tok the liberty of coming here to senior territory." He replied to me. "I am Resshin by the way." He added.

"Look, let's just get this over with." I said as I held my sword firmer than before.

"Fine by me, but we won't fight here." Resshin had replied to me. "Follow me."he added.

I followed him into wherever he wants the fight to take place. This will be a showdown of a lifetime, and I now have a chance to teach this prefect a lesson that he would never forget.