Chapter 22, Cottage of stories

CHAPTER 22, THE COTTAGE OF STORIES

Wei An Ge found herself on the cold and mighty throne, listening to the reports across the kingdom the next day after the coronation. She was trying to focus by the fact that she can't fall asleep the way she always did during her training days. Her eyes were almost shut down before she heard the very last report being read.

"My Queen, the last report is about some of the ministers and generals that went missing overnight." The minister reported with a nervous tone of voice. "By the behalf of the ministry, we hope the Queen can work on something upon the reports read."

Wei An Ge nodded determined, already carving a plan.

----

Inside the Chang Ge manor was the Queen, on her bed rethinking life with countless sigh and head scratching.

"Generals being kidnapped?" She inquired, staring on the ceiling, confused. "Hei An Guang military base is one of the best. They are trained with mind skill and war strategies. How can the generals easily be kidnapped in one night?"

She blinked once in disbelief.

"These assassins must be dangerous." She rise from the bed, shaking her head, dizzy.

"They sure are dangerous," Li Zhang Ke appeared at the door room, folding his arms with a sneaky smile, making an eye contact with her.

Wei An Ge gripped on the bed sheets, shocked of his sudden apearance especially after destroying his previoius plan, she knew the general won't go easy on her.

"My Queen," He bowed, pulling his chin down to the gravity.

"General, what took you here to my very own room?" She defenced with a formal tone of voice. "Wouldn't it be inappropriate?"

Her eyes enlarged to highlight things up for him.

"I don't think so, my Queen." He replied, stepping inside. His voice was playful and a pulled smile was taped to his face. "I wanted to read a report for you, that's it."

As he gets closer, Wei An Ge reached for the old dagger somewhere behind the layers of her thick outfit. She was controlling her cold stone expression even though she was trembling in fear and praying for luck in the inside.

"LI ZHANG KE, YOU SHOULDN'T BE TOUCHING OTHER PEOPLE' WIFE, ESPECIALLY WHEN SHE GRANTED YOU ONE ALREADY, RIGHT?" Gan Xin appeared, with confidence he shouted. He was just a few steps away from the room.

"Wife?" Wei An Ge monologued, confused. "Oh yeah, we did got married"

"YOU!" Li Zhang Ke turned to Gan Xin who stole Wei An Ge's attention from him.

"ME!" Gan Xin replied, encouraging him for a fight.

Li Zhang Ke immediately took out his long sword and marched to Gan Xin. His sword sliced the thin air as Gan Xin ducked to the ground. He passed his left calve to Li Zhang Ke's feet and the general was boomed to the floor. The sword slide further away on the floor, outside.

"Argh-" Li Zhang Ke moaned, dissatisfied on the ground finding out that he was unable to move. "Gan Xin!"

"Hi, General. How are you?" He crouched to the General, smiling. "Queen wifey, come look at him."

Excited, Gan Xin called.

"Why-" Wei An Ge was lost of word. "Did you called me-"

"Queen wifey," He giggled and continued teasing the general on the ground, unable to move.

She scratched her head, clueless and finally walked towards the fallen general. "Don't call me that. I almost got him just now if it weren't for you,"

"Saving your life," He cut, smiling ear to ear. "Anyway, what do you want to do with this useless general, my Queen? Kill him? Drown him? " He recommended, convincing.