Chapter 9, Revealed secret of Wei An Ge

Liu Yi Fei as Sun Ai Er

CHAPTER 9, REVEALED SECRET OF WAG

The Emperor raised his eyelids, revealing his clear brown pupils, finding himself laying on a bed. His right hand was held firmly by her daughter, Feng An Xin the queen of Wei Zhuang sleeping.

"An Xin," he called, smiling with a loving tone. "I'm awake now, it's fine,"

He tried losing the grip but still failed. Even when falling deep in sleep, she couldn't bear letting go of his hands as well as the past.

"Don't leave me again, please" she begged, reimagining the bitter past of their royal family of Da An inside her very own mind.

--
"Li Zhang Ke greets fellow generals and ministers" He bowed to the line of Wei Zhuang spies as soon as they met face to face.

It was a good day so far and it got better when the line of spies called upon him. He had been acknowledging that Li Zhi Jian was a spy from Wei Zhuang but Li Zhi Jian never knew what's inside his mind.

"Li Zhi Jian, your grandson is a warrior now. You must be proud of him" General Wang Xuan hit Li Zhang Ke's back, playful.

Li Zhang Ke forcefully smiled together with the lies, not trying to make things awkward.

"Thank you, gentlemen" Li Zhi Jian passed everyone a cup of liquor to celebrate his grandson's return. With a smile, he said, "Bottoms up!"

Even before drinking, he sounded drunk already which hit Li Zhang Ke with a smile.

"Grandfather, I shouldn't drink right?" He slid the cup away, back to the center of the table.

The spies went silent, reflecting on themselves. They could have thought that Li Zhang Ke was still underaged and the meeting's main purpose was not for celebration instead, a negotiation.

"Aiya, Li Zhi Jian." General Rong Zhe laughed. "Young men, shall we start talking about the serious matter now?"

"Let's get straight to the point, generals" Li Zhang Ke grinned, not wanting to delay. He scanned the spies and found them startled for a moment.

"Have you seen the king's poisonous garden?" Sun Lai Zhe questioned, determined. He knew the matter shouldn't be delayed.

Li Zhang Ke was stunned for a hot second. He thought, how would they even know the existence of the garden. But then, the realization hit him that the generals and ministers in front of him weren't commoners. They were the only royal spies of Wei Zhuang the magical land.

"Answer, kid" Li Zhi Jian encouraged, tapping his back repeatedly.

Li Zhang Ke started smirking, pulling his chin down. "Gentlemen knows the risk right?"

His eyes rolled upwards to them with such a psychotic angle. With the raised cheeks and his sharp chin, the spies knew something is wrong with him.

"Hahaha" Minister Sun Lai Zhe laughed, breaking the awkwardness. "Elder Li, so this is what your grandson can be?"

"Elders, don't get me wrong" Li Zhang Ke claimed. He stood on his feet, putting on such a convenient look on the face. "To hit the bullseye, we have to focus on it and keep the string tight. That way, we have the full force."

"But sometimes, the one that ruins our plan is the wind itself" He gave a speech, ending it with a disappointed tone of voice and a sigh."My point is, I know where the garden is, and I'm free to share as long as"

He stopped, giving a hint of fear and suspense to the spies.

"Nevermind," he smiles, "I don't know the garden location while I'm awake. However, every time I fall asleep, I always sleepwalk in the same direction even while at a military site. "