Chapter 3, The hunt of Foxglove poison

Liu Xueyi as Emperor of Hei An Guang, Wei Guang

CHAPTER 3

Driven by curiosity, Gan Xin walked to the border of Wei Zhuang all by himself. The gates were hemisphere with the land inside of it. Looking almost invisible,covered with green cascading plants growing on them and colorful little fairies protecting the border.

He was stunned by the beauty which made him more thrilled that the outside world must be even prettier and mesmerizing. He walked closer to the gates but was startled by a blue fairy landing on the tip of his nose.

In a blink of an eye, the fairy turned into a gorgeous lady with pastel dark blue flowy clothes decorated with green weaving on them. These creatures are called The Flower Bones clan where they were responsible to protect the border, preventing any of the people of Wei Zhuang to exit the kingdom without permission as they may leave some of their power to the border and finally, affect the people. Gan Xin found her smiling at him as he was still stunned by the magical scene.

"Gan Xin, the son of General Gan Luo Yi" She recited. Her posture was straight, with a very tall figure, slim added with her arrogant pretty face. The remaining little fairies circled her waist.

Gan Xin nodded, seeming to be struggling to get something out from his pocket inside the layers of his cloth.

"You shouldn't be here, young man" the fairy didn't bother waiting for him. Instead, warned him. Her first instinct told her to kick the boy out, preventing any breakout from the border which brings bad fortune to the magical kingdom.

Gan Xin offered her cakes and treats accompanied by a precious smile.

"Kindness," The fairy whispered looking down at him. "What power do you poses, young man?"

"I don't have one" Gan Xin complained, disappointed looking down as he starts pouting.

"Perfect,"

"Miss pretty fairy, how could you say so,"

"Young man, I have the ability to give you power but you have to do me a favor," the fairy offered, carving a very convincing look. Good enough to trick a thirteen years old boy.

"I'd love to!" Gan Xin smiled in excitement. "What is the favor, pretty fairy?"

She smiled, kneeling to Gan Xin's level. She took his hands that were still gripping his cake. Magically, yellow sprinkles flew around it and landed as powdered sugar.

"The moment you bite this, you will have the power to control poisonous plants," The fairy explained, encouraging. "But your destiny will be to find the lost Jade Ring."

Gan Xin was still immature and clueless about the consciences. He nodded with a smile and immediately ate the cake just by a few bites.

"Fairy princess, you know I love cakes especially made by my mom. They are sweet and-"

"Silly boy," the fairy smiled disappearing into dust.

"XIN'ER!" Gan Xie Le called, running towards her lost son. "Where did you go?"

She hugged him, tight.

"Mother, I'm fine," he pats the mother's back, pleading as he continued shoving the cake at his face. "I got my power already!"

Breaking the hug, he jumped around his mother still was, shoving the cake. Gan Xie Le was still shocked that Gan Xin gained his power at such an early age. It's normal for people of Wei Zhuang to obtain their power even in their 20s.

"What type of power?" nervously Gan Xie Le asked, staring directly into his eyes.

"Poisonous plants?"