Chapter 19, Gan Xin's approachment

CHAPTER 19, GAN XIN'S APROACHMENT

The Imperial Prison was cold and sorrowful in the silence. The rock walls were dark and every movement will echo along the walls. The King, Wei Guang was sipping on a cold cup of tea provided, sitting firmly on the wooden bench, facing the table, letting out a big sigh.

He turned to a corner of the room that was loaded with dry grasses.

"Feng An Cai, you were once locked here as well," his cheeks raised, shaking his head with those squinted eyes. "I was stupid enough. But you were wise and determined, you found your way out,"

Blankly, he peered his attention again at the corner of the rock wall room. He continued another sip.

"Gan Xin greets Your Majesty," a manly figure appeared, bending his back with his palms connected and raised to him.

The King turned to him, scanning his figure up and down. "I've never seen you before, young man," With such gruff vocal, he stated.

He poured more tea into the cup, ignoring the guest.

Gan Xin's chin dragged lower, smiling. "If then, who was the young boy that made you a foxglove poison plant?"

The King froze. The short cup didn't managed to even make contact with his lips. Instead, he gulped once.

"Hahaha," He laughed, chugging the tea he poured. "What a small world,"

Gan Xin's posture remains stationary, bowing.

"What are you here for?" The King asked in a serious tone of voice, glancing at Gan Xin. "Is it for the Crown Princess?"

"Your Majesty is wise," Gan Xin replied, standing straight. A very sneaky smile was carved. "We hope that Your Majesty can cooperate. Help us to get her back to Wei Zhuang."

The King raised the corner of his mouth, smirking. He shrugged once. "Why should I? Why would Wei Zhuang need her for?"

"Jade pearls isn't it?" He turned his whole body to Gan Xin. He walked to him in a sigh.

"The problem was created by the Crown Princess herself. My King, after you took me away, the foxglove poison immediately grew and affected our people," Gan Xin explained. "Hence, we need the Jade Pearls as soon as we can,"

"There's no way she can make enough Jade Pearls in such a short time. Making a wreath of seven pearls already cost all of her energy," The King warned.

"Wei Zhuang has our own method. Your Majesty has nothing to worry about," Gan Xin guaranteed, with a punk emotionless facial expression. "I and my followers will get you out as soon as possible and for the payment, we will take the Jade Ring back to Wei Zhuang,"

He bowed, stepping backward.

"DON'T THINK THE CROWN PRINCESS WILL FALL TO YOUR TRICKS!" The King shouted, fitting his hand through the poles with burning anger.

---

"How's you're feeling, Crown Princess? Your coronation will be tomorrow," Li Zhang Ke asked as Wei An Ge was aimlessly shooting the arrows. As normal, they were having the training

Her eyebrows were furrowed, her eyes were squinted and the corner of the lips was pulled down. She responded with silence, proceeding to release the arrows which fell to the ground over and over again.

"Who would have known the future Queen of Hei An Guang is nothing more than an archery failure," A deep but light voice lingered around the empty training base.

"Who is that? Come out!" Li Zhang Ke called, scanning the area with the crown princess - moving their heads to each corner.

An arrow suddenly flew through the side of Wei An Ge's neck, fast, and ended up hitting the target. She pasted her view on the shot target. She can feel the acceleration the arrow had.