Chapter 29, First visit to Wei Zhuang

CHAPTER 29, FIRST VISIT TO WEI ZHUANG

Gan Xin followed by the royal spies marched to Wei Zhuang as soon as Wei An Get rolled to the wilderness.

"My Queen," he led, kneeling before the Queen of Wei Zhuang with Wang Xuan, Sun Ai Er, Li Hua Rong, and Li Zhang Ke a few steps behind his back, pulling their chin downwards. "Gan Xin dare, asking You Majesty why would you put a siege on Hei An Guang?"

The Queen, on her throne, pulled the left tip of her lips, smirking as a response to Gan Xin's silly inquiry. She walked to him.

"Because this kingdom has no time for your silly romance," she explained, looking down to the kneeling subject which remained silent. Taking a deep breath, sparing her scolding, she asked.
"Where is she?"

Gan Xin's heart skipped a beat.

"We didn't see her," he replied, telling an untruth with a dead tone of voice, staring at the dark orange carpet their knees were on. "After acknowledging the ambush, we immediately marched here to know your next plan,"

"That's true," the others claimed

Her chest rose slightly forward, taking a deep breath. "Return to Hei An Guang by tomorrow, Gan Xin and one of you."

Strictly she commanded. The young spies instantly turned to the Queen, furrowing their eyebrow, wondering. They just arrived in less than an hour and didn't even get the chance to have a rest after the tragic scene of Wei An Ge.

"Tell Wei Guang that we own them nothing anymore. He should continue ruling," the Queen added, walking back to her throne. "That's it, go and see your families. Gan Xin, you may choose the other partner,"

"Thank you, Your Majesty,"

---

"Ladies, Li Zhang Ke, I suppose your families are at the Gan Manor," Gan Xin claimed, as he invited the four to ride on a horse carriage prepared by the Gan family.

"LET'S GO!" Sun Ai Er replied, with a squeaky voice and enlarged smile. She gripped Gan Xin's left arm.

Slowly, he loosen the grip, pulling her hands downwards to the ground.

"Miss Sun, about yesterday's matter I-"

"I don't mind," with a larger smile she replied, continuously making eye contact. "She's done now, let the past be it."

Anger burnt across his blood, running through his body. But he knew he was also one to blame for such an accident happen.

"No matter what, I will find her body," determined, he stated.

"Leader, we've been in the forest there. Being injured, Wei An Ge will probably not survive," Li Hua Rong got in. Her tone was concerned.

Gan Xin shook his head.

"I will,"

"XIN ER!" Gan Xie Le and Wolfie ran to her son, excited. She appeared to be thinner than she usually does which concerned Gan Xin. "My son,"

She gripped on his neck, slightly jumping. She couldn't hold her smile and enjoyment she had to close her eyes, feeling the moment.

"How have you been these days?" He asked, patting the mother's back, loving.

"It was alright," she opened her eyes, seeing the four youngsters. Wang Xuan and Li Hua Rong guided the injured Li Zhang Ke and Sun Ai Er between Gan Xin and the trip, smiling. "Aiya, are these the new Royal Spies?"

The mother broke the hug, exchanging looks with the teens. "Which one is your lover?"

She stepped forward like a kid while being in her forties. Sun Ai Er immediately offered her hands to Gan Xie Le, smiling brightly.

"Is it this lady?" Exchanging looks with Gan Xin, she nodded. "Not bad. This lady looks pretty with such a bright smile and I can sense her talent,"

Sun Ai Er blushed, pulling her chin to the ground, ashamed.

"Mother, We're not -" Gan Xin tried denying.

"Worth me and your father getting poison for," sarcastic, she smiled to Gan Xin. He instantly lost at words.

"Auntie, it's been hard on you," pleading, Sun Ai Er guided the mother inside the manor. Based on the warm and cozy hug between the mother and son, she knew to get Gan Xin to like her, she should start with the mother.

They walked a few steps into the manor, entering a large guest room. Inside was Wang Kuan, Li Zhi Jian, and Sun Lai Zhe, passionately sitting at the side waiting for their arrival while General Gan Luo Yi was in the middle of the end of the room.

Once each family made eye contact, bright and relieved smiles were carved to their face, upon not seeing each other forever. All of them had a seat while the manor's maids were pouring hit tea for the arrivals.

"General Gan has taught his son excellently. Congrats leader Gan Xin for arranging the steps for our immature daughters," Wang Kuan, the father of Wang Xuan saluted, dedicating the cup of tea for the general.

"It's my fortune, it's my fortune," the general replied, humble.

"So where is the Jade Ring, kids?" Accompanied by laughter, Sun Lai Zhe wondered.

The elders were all scanning for the youth's response but they fell into silence.

"Hmph?" General Gan Luo Yi mumbled, pushing them to answer.

"It's my fault, during the sudden siege we couldn't find Wei An Ge!" Gan Xin fell to the carpet, before his father, kneeling.

"It's our fault!" The other followed, bowing to the ground, knowing they should also be responsible for letting Sun Ai Er kick the Jade Ring into the forest.

Gan Luo Yi smashed the table, suddenly standing. "HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN?"

"The siege was unexpected and surprising we didn't keep an eye on her." Gan Xin explained, nervous. He had never seen his father being in such anger.

"The siege wouldn't have happened if you didn't waste time for silly romances with the Jade Ring!"

"It wasn't with the Jade Ring," Gan Xie Le interrupted, shouting. She couldn't watch her family fighting for such a matter. "It was Miss Sun here,"

Gan Luo Yi and Sun Lai Zhe froze, staring at each other.

"General," Sun Lai Zhe fell into an awkward laugh, trying to avoid any conflict. "Isn't love so unexpected,"

Gan Luo Yi nodded, having his eyes to the floor, chewing his bottom lips, unsure.

"Xin Er, if you favor Miss Sun, the marriage between you and Jade Ring was just a part of the plan isn't it?"

Gan Xin's heart skipped a beat. He was still shocked about how angry his father went just now he afraid to tell him another bad news. After running through the same thought and scenes, finally, he made up his mind.

"Exactly," he claimed. "I seize the opportunity so that I can bring her back to Wei Zhuang faster,"

Sun Ai Er grinned from his back, satisfied with his answer.

" Tomorrow we're heading back to Hei An Guang as the Queen persisted. Her Majesty allowed me to bring a partner with me and I shall bring Wolfie with me," Gan Zin added, still on his knee.

"If so, then Xin Er, you should bring your lover, not a wolf," Once again, Gan Xie Le interrupted.

"Bring both," the father made the final decision. His tone was low and deep. "The siege used the poisonous foxglove cure on each arrow. Ask Wolfie to detect the Jade Ring. She might not survive long."

"Noted,"

"Thank you, General," Sun Ai Er expressed.

---