Chapter 20, The coronation day

CHAPTER 2O, THE CORONATION DAY

There she was, sitting still as she stare at the reflection of the yellow mirror. There were maids at each of her sides handling her look for the coronation day. Li Zhang Ke was waiting outside the room, folding his arms as he observed the amazing weather for such a good event. He was happy that his first step ran smoothly, getting the Crown Princess to ascend the throne. He's already on the second step today.

The outfit was fancy in black and fold floral embodiments from the bottom and slowly growing to the part of the waist. Her hair was fully decorated with jade accessories.

The tanggu drums were slammed as the Crown Princess walked to the palace accompanied by the Chang Ge's manor's maids and servants.

The moment she stepped inside the palace, she felt welcomed with warm smiles and congrats even though everyone was standing straight with their heads down.

The ex-King, Wei Guang was in the crowd, proudly witnessing the girl he grew to turn into a leader. Gan Xin and Li Zhang Ke stood beside each other, at the side. The feeling was intense between Li Zhang Ke's excitement for his upcoming plan and Gan Xin's anxiety knowing that Wei An Ge being the Queen is just another block to get her to Wei Zhuang.

She stepped to the altar, turning back towards the people.

"Jing Nu, I successfully ascended the throne today. I'll get you the killer," she monologue as she turned to the people she will be cooperating with soon.

The scene was glorious with the sound of the tanggu drum until Li Zhang Ke glanced at one of the top ministers infront of her, Hao Lang.

"CROWN PRINCESS, YOUR LOW SUBJECT, HAO LANG DARE TO ASK YOU A QUESTION!" He appeared in front of her, nervous. His eyes were restless.

"Say it, minister," She allowed, with a toneless voice, fixing her eyes on him.

"I THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR YOU TO HAVE A HUSBAND BEFORE ASCENDING THE THRONE!" He said as his voice trembled in fear.

Wei An Ge was stunned as she held her breath, speechless.

"Crown Princess is still young, having a husband as guidance will be a major good to your leading," Another Minister defenced, bowing on the floor. He was also glanced by Li Zhang Ke.

The crowd of generals and ministers glanced at each other and then fell to the floor kneeling, bowing to the Crown Princess except Gan Xin who was clueless.

"Crown Princess, please think thrice!"

She let go of a big sigh, looking at the altar steps then to Hao Lang the minister. "Is it because I'm young or because I am a girl, ministers?" She crouched to him.

"I don't dare," he replied, stationary with his posture, bowing on the floor.

As everyone fell to their knees, bowing on the floor she finally realized there were no choice left. She's not even crowned yet and already had to make a move, showing that she really can rule. She pats her knees as she stood up, scanning.

"Crown Princess, General Li should be a good guide for you," Minister Hao Lang informed.

Furiously she turned her head down to Hao Lang and pasted her view on the general just beside standing Gan Xin, as Li Zhang Ke raised from the bow. The general was acting surprised as his jaw dropped and put a deadly look on Hao Lang, trying to convince Wei An Ge that he had no idea of the sudden marriage plan.

"Crown Princess," Li Zhang Ke mumbled, as he bowed again. Shame was carved on his face.

She chuckled once, smiling afterward. "I agreed."