Chapter 25, A look of the clan

The tattoo each member of the clan has

CHAPTER 25,  A LOOK OF THE CLAN

"You got Li Zhang Ke?" Gan Xin asked a day after finding out the general was in the palace, carried by the Queen of Hei An Guang herself.

"Yes, we just laid him on the ground, half-dead" Sun Ai Er reported. "We thought no one should know our connection so we just left him there,"

Wang Xuan and Li Hua Rong were in deep silence, deadly glancing at Sun Ai Er knowing how the real scene went.

"Thanks for your effort, ladies." He bowed, grateful. "Would you tell me how you did it?"

Sun Ai Er bent her back, describing the timeline.

*flashback*

As soon as they learned the pointers from Chen Li Zuo, the eldest royal spy, the trio marched to the Ming Yun brick, outside of Hei An Guang.

"Wang Xuan, look! There's a cottage there," Sun Ai Er pointed out the same cottage where Gan Xin and Wei An Ge spent time in.

"These peonies are still fresh, there must be a person here. Ai Er, I think it would be better if we don't involve them." Li Hua Rong explained, marching away.

"Alright," Sun Ai Er followed.

"We've arrived," Wang Xuan announced, sneaking behind a large tree after an hour of walking deep into the forest of Ming Yun Brick.

The Forest's shadow clan lives in a camp. There were lines of guards marching around the camp for security purposes. The camp was in deep silence until

"LET ME GO!" A voice echoed in the forest sounding as if the man was in pain.

"That's Li Zhang Ke!" Wang Xuan was startled, moving a step forward.

"Wang Xuan-" Li Hua Rong tried to hold her but failed at the end.

"WE ARE FROM THE QUEEN'S SIDE, LET GO OF THE LATEST GENERAL YOU CAUGHT!" Wang Xuan persisted, furious.

The lines of guards surrounded the trio, threatening them with the sharp points of their spears.

"I REPEAT, WE ARE FROM THE QUEEN'S SIDE," Wang Xuan lied, defending herself.

The guards were clueless and doubtful. They exchanged looks with each other, anxiously.

"Let them in!" A guard shouted from the inside of the camp after getting the leader's permission.

The trio spy went inside by feet. The horses were confiscated. They had butterflies in their stomach, nervous about what the inside of the camp had in store, they exchanged looks with each other, ensuring safety.

A man with a long black beard, squinted eyes as if he can see nothing and crinkled skin give them clues of how old and experienced he might be.

"Wang Xuan," she bowed followed by the other two.

"Li Hua Rong,"

"Sun Ai Er,"

"On behalf of the Queen greets the leader of the Forest's Shadow Clan," Together, the trio announced. Their voice was loud, confident, and strict.

"Ladies, what can this old man do for the Queen?" The old man opened his mouth revealing his lost teeth.

"Her Majesty wished the clan to free General Li Zhang Ke," Li Hua Rong explained, fixing her eyes on him to look for his reaction, determined for his brother's survival.