Chapter Five: Truth

I collapsed forward into the living room and the bag fell from my hands. I held myself and was fighting with the urge to feed. My body was barely in my control though I was beginning to snarl with drool running down my chin. Calcifer was hissing at me, his fur standing straight up.

          "Is that So-" Mrs. Weasley was coming downstairs but screamed at the sight of me.

          Her scream was torture and the loud footsteps that followed were like my heart. I looked up in pain and saw George next to his mum. I put all of my energy and focus on my body so I couldn't hear what they were saying around me. It took everything in my power to not grab George when he ran past me into the kitchen. If I whistle for my dad, he'll burn in the sun. I have to fight this.

          "..ophie..Sophie...Sophie.." George was saying so softly.

          I rolled onto my back and he immediately poured a red liquid into my mouth. I almost began to choke on it with how fast it was flowing from the cup. It was my tablets mixed with water and something else. It was blood. I slowly shifted back into my normal form and my vision went blurry before going black.

          I felt a large hand on my forehead and energy woke me. I opened my eyes to see Howl sitting on my bed in the dark room. His hand was glowing on my forehead and it slowly faded into darkness. He must have given me some energy to wake up. His hand left my forehead slowly. My stomach growled for both food and blood. However, I was paralyzed by the rage emanating from Howl. It reminded me of Jenkins. He sensed my fear and tried to calm down.

          "Sophie. I am angry because I don't understand. I don't want to believe that you were in Knockturn Alley. Most of all, I don't want to know why you've been bitten," he said slowly.

          I brought up my now bandaged hand in the moonlight and there were two faint blood stains where the woman bit me, "Dad. Is Jenkins alive?"

          He was caught off guard and strained to keep his voice down, "Why would you ask such a thing?!"

          I offered my hand to him, "I don't know what happened. I lost control. I was going back to the Burrow after buying a dress and I smelled blood. Then, a child and his mother appeared. They were new vampires. The mother kept calling me Jenkins. She called me master. It's so blurry. What I know is that my true form just manifested. I wanted to hunt. The child, I think his essence is in me. The mother bit me and became my servant. I-I killed her. She kept calling me Jenkins. I'm so confused."

          I couldn't read the emotions of Howl and he unraveled the bandage from my hand, "You're growing up so quickly. I'm sorry, Sophie. I thought that I could put this off for another year but it's time to tell you now."

          He retold me some information that I already knew. Humans who ingest a Pureblood vampire's blood become servants. The same can be done with vampires who aren't Pureblood. Pureblood vampires are pure from their bloodline, often marrying close relatives, sometimes siblings. The vampires who aren't regarded as Pureblood simply means that they married outside of their bloodline, tainting their blood quality in future generations. Those are common vampires. The Aristocrat vampires are vampires born between a Pureblood and common vampire. Then, Aristocrats only marry other Aristocrats. Some form clans with a single pureblood. Aristocrat children sometimes have powers depending on their parents being an Aristocrat and Pureblood. Purebloods also declare loyalty to other Purebloods.

          Howl became grim and revealed more to me. Even in the vampire world, twins are incredibly rare. Howl and Jenkins may very well be the only twins in vampire history. Something that only Pureblood vampires can do is turn humans into vampires. Those vampires are the weakest ones and are called Formers with no powers.

Sophie Pendragon, Year Two | Half-Vampire At HogwartsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara