Chapter 26

Authors Note: *This chapter is dedicated to my best friend! she takes time out of her of Life just like you guys do to read this story and I am so thankful! And I love the feedback I get, and this just felt like the perfect chapter to say thank you as she enjoys the cute moments between mick and Charlie, yes that is a hint about this chapter!*

@FeministCowgirl  I really hope you enjoy this chapter! X

Micks POV

7pm and I thought it was odd that I hadn't heard from Charlie yet? And so I knew her and Oscar were driving home, but sure she will be home by now and so I just facetimed her as I wanted to talk to her and see how she was after her race but I also had a surprise as I have flight back the next morning but I told her I wouldn't be until Tuesday.

Then it was ringing and I hope she was still awake, but there was no answer, but I received a text: <hey micky, I am sorry, talk on Tuesday when I see you! Xx> oh fuck! I knew from that one reply something isn't right, I messaged Oscar and he told me that something had happened after the race but it wasn't his place to say anything he felt like wrong saying and I understood that but he said she really needed me though but angie is currently keeping her calm and that's when I knew I really needed to get home, so I got hold of my PR manger and told him the problem, he then said he will see if I could get a flight tonight and then he did he managed to get me home to Charlie quicker.

I messaged the lads to say I am leaving tonight and the boys started questioning it, I just said Charlie needed me and something had happened after her race and the boys understood, and then I packed, left my room, and signed out, then I headed straight to the airport and then of course caught my flight.

(Time skip)

I rushed home, I mean to Charlies and I landed at like 8Am and I knocked on the door, I heard Angie bark and then Oscar opened the door and he said, "man I glad you are home, she is up in her room, she hasn't moved since we got home last night."

I then walk into her room and saw her, crying over old photo albums, that's when I knew it was bad and then I realized by what albums she was looking at, that this might have something to do with her mum?

I then made my way over to the bed and sat down on the end, as I didn't want to spook her, I then said to her "oh baby, what happened?", she looked up and she jumped into my lap and then she says "wait your home?, how? And I am so glad you are though, angie have been amazing comfort!, but what?" I smiled at her and then replied, "I came home early or should I say even earlier than planned, I told you I would be back Tuesday but I was going to surprise you and be back tonight but after you not answering my call, I messaged Oscar and he mentioned something had happened but didn't say what but now I think I know what happened... but you want to tell me?"

She was still sitting in my lap but I picked her and moved so now my back was leaning again the headboard of her bed and she was of course still sitting in my lap but sideways so her top body was leaning into my chest, and her legs were to the left of me, my hand was running through her hair, and her left ear was listening to my heartbeat which seemed to be helping her to calm down again.

She then looked up at me and said "well after the race as me and Oscar were leaving the paddock, she turned up, I mean the women who birthed me and then walked out of LIFE! there she was standing there... and then she called me Charlotte, and she tried to seem genuinely interested in my career all of sudden?, it made no sense... (then she took a few breaths and then carried on), I then aired my views about her and about what she did to me and etc. then I left and that's what happened." Then I said and then you came home and you started looking back at these photo albums?"