Chapter 5

*Charlies race bike is the cover photo for this chapter*

Charlies POV

I woke up ready for my race event to finally get under way as today was friday and we have two free practices to do which means I could finally get back on my ducati panigale V4R, oh she is a beauty and I haven't been on her since our testing sessions back in February, so i am mega Excited to get to the track today!

Plus I should also point out that yes, my bestie has been staying here all week!, its been hella fun having mick around, and also getting the chance to spend quality time with my dad too, oh and plus Oscar has been around too actually, plus I think its been good for Oscar to have mick around just someone else he can talk to about racing lines, the car and even moving up to f2 and whats that was like, but overall I have loved this week and I am even more excited for this weekend!

Plus I finally get introduce you guys to my badass teammate, Skylar (Sky) Stonewood, she is a few years older than me, she rode with ducati the year before but me and her have been racing each other since I started my pro-track career so we know each other and we have mad respect for each other as riders.

So I got up and got dressed and walked down to the kitchen to see the boys where already up and dressed and yeah I was smiling like an idiot, then I heard my dad "hey kiddo you ready?" and I replied "umm Hell yeah I am!..... I am finally back racing and I cant wait! For the fact that I have my fist season with Ducati and plus I have you lot with me so yeah mega happy!...

does that answer your question dad?" and he smiled back at me and just nodded.

Then Oscar said, " I can't wait to see your race bike, I mean its going to be more bad ass than the others due to the fact it's a ducati!" then mick said, "has she got a name yet?" and I turned to micky and replied, "yeah my streetfighter is called Shadow and my track bike which is a Panigale is called Phoenix"

then I heard Oscar and my dad say "wow they are some strong names!" then we laughed and then I asked Oscar "hey kid is your girly coming to the track?" and he went all shy but he did say "umm yeah Lucy will be meeting us there."

Mick then said, "damn dude you never said you got a girl?" then Oscar replied, "yeah we have been going out for about a year, I just don't talk about our relationship much its why so many ppl are surprised I even have a girlfriend."

Then we all walked out, I jumped on shadow, where the boys well my dad got in his Porsche and then mick and Oscar jumped in 4C and then we all left in a convoy style its was ace.

Time skip:

I just finished my warm-up routine with my performance coach Sarah Cloud, she has worked with me for years, we first meet back when I was a junior so she knows me well. Then I finished getting my race suit on and then I walk through my garage and I saw my teammate Skylar we fist bumped, each other and then smiled at each other, and we both made our ways over to our own sides of the garage, and then I spoke to my mechanics and engineers about the strategies.

Then my head engineer (James) turned to me and simply said "have fun out there but remember don't crash and remember to listen to me! I know you know bikes but this bike is new to you even though you handled it well in testing but this is the next step." 

 I said back "ok James I hear you but do me a solid and let me brake on my own... please...." And he replied "umm no!... well not for the first practice but I will completely let you lose in the second practice... deal? And so I simply said, "umm you what that is a fair, so alright deal." And then we fist bumped and I walked over to phoenix and the team started her up and the sound was heaven to my ears, I looked back into the garage and saw my dad, mick, Oscar and Lucy smiling at me and they all put their thumbs up and with that I nodded back.

I jumped on to the bike and once comfortable the secure stands were removed and I looked around and saw that the pits where empty, and so I made a move of course the pitlane is a restricted speed limit, but once I got out the pits and I took it all in the fans in the stands and I know what I was now focused on and finished my formation (warm up) lap and then I heard James over the radio say "alright Charlie, the bike is ready and warmed up so do what you are good at, its time to get the data and times." And with that confirmation I worked through the gears and got up to track speed, this is the moment when the adrenaline finally hits you it's heaven.

Mark's POV

So standing here in my daughter's Garage watching the screens, I brought tears to my eyes seeing her do what she loves and hell she was amazing at it, I had to step out for a moment and that's when her team principal (Ross Olsen) and he said "hey mark, you know you did well, your daughter is one hell of a rider and she has that passion and motivation to win another championship I guess she has learned a lot from you, you know she even rides like you use to drive that F1 car."

In that moment I looked up and to ross and said, "yeah I guess I did good job teaching her about the different tracks but I didn't know she has taken on my style I guess I taught her to well then." And we both laughed and then ross said, "I never seen a rider as hungry as your daughter, she won the championship for the first-time last year but you could see that she focuses on wining the championship is the main goal and not just winning races and being out at the front."

Then I said, "yeah she does love the battle for places on the grid, she has always loved that bit fighting it out I mean that's the part that scares the hell out of me but I know she is a safe rider though which makes me feel better, I am so proud of how far she has come and how far she will go."

With that we headed back in, just in time for Charlie to come back into the pits and she put the bike in the stands and then she jumped off, taking her helmet off she heads straight over to James and started to look at the data and talking about time sections and where she is losing time or where she is gaining time.

Then she made her way over to us with this biggest smile on her face she was so happy, I am glad that I let her followed her heart, as much as I would of loved to have racing in cars either single seaters or GT but I knew she wouldn't be this happy this is what she loves and the legacy of the Webber name is still here in motorsports Its just on two wheels than four.

Time skip:

Before I knew it we where all heading home, well Oscar and lucy went back to their apartment but Mick came back with us and we where all driving back to the house and I looked at them two racing a 4C VS a streetfighter and I saw how happy Charlie has been since mick has been around it was great, I started to think back to when these two where younger and how they used to be, running around the paddock and play hide and seek with each other, I am glad they still have each other and that both them are now in motorsports carrying their family names.

We got back to the house and we all cooked dinner and mick and Charlie got into an argument over bikes of course nothing has changed there at all but it was just so fun seeing them argue again and diving into discussions over racing and which one out those two would be faster and I just smiled at their madness.