Chapter 24

*A/N: charlies helmet look is the photo above the chapter*

Charlie's POV

Barcelona race weekend, as I get up and out of bed, I called for angie and she followed me and we head out for our morning run, as I do my warmups my coach Sarah arrives and she had already warmed up and then we headed out once I was ready.

We went for a lovely 5 mile run and then we went to gym, then once we were done I went back to my hotel room, fed angie and went to get ready to head to the track for the free practice sessions that we head today, I was feeling really good about this weekend I was hopping we have good performance like we have had, but you just never know, and I am hoping to qualify in the top 5 and finish within top 3, (now your probably wondering why I'm thinking like this) well this keeps me grounded and I know the points system means I still walk away from a race weekend with a good chance that I am still top the championship leader board.

So we arrived at the track at 8am and due to the time difference Canada being like 6 hours behind meaning mick is still asleep, so I have to wait until later this afternoon to facetime him and to facetime my dad also as he is out there too, with channel 4 so yeah, god I wish my dad could come to my races more often but I'm still glad he can make it when he can.

I had a few interviews to do before the first free practice, then once they were done I headed to my room to get changed into my race suit and then I walked into the garage and was speaking to my engineers, mechanics, and the strategists. Then once we were all happy, with the plans for both practices I grabbed my helmet, but then I checked my phone and saw a message from mick, saying *morning, Lottie, have a great free practice, race safe and have a great time!, and I will try to watch your free practices also! Xx*

I then quickly reply ~aww, morning micky! And thank you! I know you have probably headed back to sleep but I appreciate the effort! Xx, yeah speak tonight, if the time zones let us haha, and I hope you have a great Friday and if I have a chance I will also try and catch your free practices xx~

Also my dad, had sent a message also and it was similar to micks, just have good time and stay safe basically, and I didn't have one from Oscar but that's cause he is my guest this weekend, and so we fist bumped and said are little saying, then I headed out to bike leaving Oscar at the back of my side of garage. Then with that I jumped on my bike and headed out to the track, we did a warmup lap and a radio check then with that done, I got use to the track and started pushing my limits which I love that rush.

Then before I knew first practice was over, we went of the data and had lunch then headed back out for the second practice which was another great practice and everyone was happy with how the bike was set up, then I did some more interviews

Then it was finally time to head back to the hotel and as me, Sarah, Oscar and Angie were walking out we meet some fans by the entrance/exist gate

so I stopped, took some photos and signed a few things and some conversations with them, even Oscar got asked to sign a few things and that made his day, but I had noticed that he had been quite so happy recently and I think it has something to with his girlfriend as I haven't really seen them together much but that's a conversation for another time.

(Time skip to Saturday)

Time for qualifying, I headed through the garage fist bumped with Oscar as always, checked in with everyone and then headed out and onto my bike, then I got out to the track, we did our radio check as we always do and started my warmup lap and that got me put straight to pole! Whoo hoo and my teammate sky got 3rd position, which of course is great for the Q1 anyways and then we got back to the garage after a few more laps, but my position didn't change I still hold pole but let's see about Q2.

The process started again, and throughout the laps the top 5 practically stayed the same and I was back on pole and seemly staying there, for the time being, and Sky was sitting in P4 and that was still a good position. Yet again headed back out for Q3 and the results were I got pole and sky got P4, for the race start.

I eventually got back to my garage and everyone was saying well done, then we went over the data as usual, then we managed to leave the track after a super day but tomorrow is more important for the points and what not but still that was a great qualifying.

Me and Oscar of course watch F1 action once we were back at the hotel and that lead to the group chat to be very active everyone saying how epic my quali was and me saying that back, also mick got another top 10 start, but this time it was P9 start which is still good for alfa Romeo.

Facetimed my dad and mick then I headed to bed as I needed to rest for race day!, I woke up in such a great mood, the usual morning routine and then I headed to the track, got ready and then before I knew we were lining up on the grid.

Then sitting on the front line, watching the lights is one of the best feelings ever and you start to feel the adrenaline flow through your body, damn I love my career!, I really do and I can't believe I get to call this my job. Then the lights went out and the race started and the count down of laps started, we do about 33 laps here, which is pretty good number to be honest it's not long or to short, just perfect.

Then I was going pretty solid in first place, until the 2nd place (Lisa Baker, 82) started to want to push and she tried to take first place from me, but I am not going to lets this be easy, I kept P1 for now but I am sure she will come back, by lap 17 at the moment 2nd, 3rd and 4th place are currently all fighting for positions, and I kept my focus on distancing myself which I did and I got quite a head until lap 22 and 2nd and 3rd had caught me and yes Sky was 3rd and then again she challenged number 2 and she was stronger and managed to grab 2nd.

Then me and sky kept the distance between the rest of the pack, then that's when me and Sky started challenging each other, pushing each other harder as we kept passing one another, and this is what I love about being teammates as she wont just stay in P2 if she thinks she can take P1 from me she will try and then by 29 laps, we had a new challenger making the way through the gap and her name was Callie Harrison, no. 97 and she definitely means business and she eventually caught us and started a challenge with Sky but sadly Sky didn't win which meant she was pushed back into 3rd.

Then 97, and me started to battle for position, and this was type of action you are sitting on the edge of seat!, brilliant but she did take P1 but then on lap 31 I got it back as she made a tiny mistake and I took advantage of it and got P1 back, the crowd went wild for it, but sadly Sky couldn't get P2 back and so we finished the race and the result is (27) in first, (92) second and third (53).

Got to the parc ferme, jumped of my bike and jumped into my team then took my Helmet off and kissed my bike, then went for my after race interview and then managed to check my phone to see the group chat popping of about my race and the result, I then walked up to the podium and celebrated in style like always, then got to the media pen, and then eventually still smiling like an idiot got back to room changed, facetimed my dad and mick plus the other f1 drivers, I then wished them good luck for their race day.

Then it was the end of the day, we were just heading out the paddock as a team, we had just taken our team photos and so we headed out together and that's when I heard a female voice say my name "Charlotte, Congratulations on your win" and I just froze in the middle of the paddock once I heard the voice, I knew who it was and I didn't want to turn around and face her but I had to be sure I turned around and said........

*A/N:  Charlies race suit is pictured below just for reference*