Chapter 7

Charlies POV

Urgh this feeling is heaven, I was currently walking through the paddock with my trainer Sarah as I was on my way to suited up for the race and we had just done our warm session and I couldn't wait to get there and get this first race done! Ahh I am so exited this bike is like nothing else I have ever ridden before on track.

Plus I am in front of my hometown crowd which just makes this even better, and yeah my family is here plus my childhood bestie!.... I keep thinking back to when we where little and this was all just a dream, and now look at us, he finally made it too formula one and I have made to the women's world class Championships, oh yeah plus I am aiming to win the world tittle for a second year and even hopefully bring home the team championship that would be seriously epic!

Then I reached my garage and as I started to get suited up and ready I got speaking to James he is my head engineer, we got talking about track limits and what sections I can gain the most from and other things.

Then once I was ready, I saw Skylar walking in she was also suited up and ready for the challenge of the race which consists of 25 laps, now for us we don't have to pitstop unlike in Formula one where it is mandatory, well we only come to the pits if there is damage or weather takes a turn for the worse.

I can't believe I am starting my first race of the season, in pole position!, urgh this is just going to be one hell of a race, as of course my teammate Kenzie (53) is in 4th, I have my first rival Rebekah Hunter (32) in 3rd on a Yamaha, then my other rival in second is Angela Morris (88) (she has hated me since juniors) and she of course is riding a Honda.

Having these two this close to me, means I am going to have focus really hard on defending my position as they are just as hungry for P1 as I am but I ain't going to let go easily! Plus then there is Sky right behind and she will differently be looking for a podium finish, so lets just say this will be a very interesting battle for the top!!!

Me and sky have a small chat about strategy on how we shall defend positions and how I am going to keep P1, so we worked it out the best way to fight fair and respect the track.

Then before I put my helmet on I see mick walking through the garage and he walks over pulls me into a hug and says, "hey ride safe, and come home." And I simply say back "aww micky of course I will ride safely as I can and don't I always come home" and then we did are secret hand-shake and then we said "legacies, he then walks off to go grab a seat in the view box.

Which was when I saw my dad walking through and he simply looked at me and he then said "urgh, just please be carful out there Kiddo, I really need you to come home" and I nodded, brought him into a hug and whispered back "I will always come back home dad, I love you!", he says "I love you too kid".

Then with that I jumped onto Phoenix, and headed out the pitlane, to do the first formation lap of the year, then I said to myself 'this is it phoenix, its now just me and you out here fighting for first place and those all-important title points, we have got this, lets get this!'.

Then once all the riders where out on track and once we had done the formation lap, we all lined up and waited for the lights to go out (this moment my heart was racing and I can feel the adrenaline running through my veins!, urgh I am never going to get tired of this feeling!).

LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO!

Micks POV

The race had just started Charlie managed to get of the line first and she was out in front of the pack, and she was going well. Wow I forgot what it was like to stand by and watch someone else race, its been a while but damn I clearly forgot how dominant Charlie can be she is so strong on that bike.

Then Oscar and I started to commentate the race for fun! And we both where just as amazed at how well Charlie was defending throughout, and how she lets rider 88 really close and then she just leaves her in the dust!

Time skip:

Now the race had five more laps to go Charlie is still out in front defending hard and me, Oscar, Lucy and mark we where all sitting on the edge of our seats it has been such a great first race and Charlie is doing really well! Urghh we are so close to the finish!

Then before we know it, it was the final lap and Charlie just kept it on the power all the way round, and just before the race ended we got the chance to head down to the finishing line to parc ferme, so we could be there to congratulate little Webber on her first race win!

Then we saw her arriving as she drove the bike in and then she jump of and ran straight to her dad and then she group hugged us three and she was crying with happiness she couldn't quite believe it she won her home race and the first race of season, as you see it was touch and go she did lose that first place position a few times throughout but she managed to get it back every time.

Then even more great news is that her teammate Skylar finished in third place, overall a great race for the team and riders, yeah I makes me a little jealous that she can get a win as I am not going to get that opportunity at the moment just because of the team I am with but it's a step in the right direction though and I am still living out my dream of racing in formula one, but enough about me, lets get back the race winner, she was currently having an interview with (lee Mckenzie).

Charlies POV

I got off the podium and went to do the rest of my interviews, now I am finally back at my motorhome where I check my phone and damn it was blowing up! Had messages from DC and then my group chats (from F1/F2 lads) and even Instagram and twitter! I replied back of course thanking them all for the love and support, then I posted on all my platforms sharing my win with the world!

Then I took a seat on my sofa and that's when I realized how much that race took out of me, urgh my energy levels were starting to die on me and all I wanted was to sleep but not yet as my lot have planned on a meal out to really celebrate this win.

So I got changed and then I headed out of the motorhome headed straight to my personal bike and headed home where I could get a shower and changed before heading out for the night.

Marks POV

Me and mick had left earlier than Charlie just give her time to enjoy the first win of the season with her team, and we had headed straight back to the house for a quick change and then we would back out to go to the restaurant where we would all meet up again to celebrate my daughters win! Urgh I know she is going to kill it this season for sure and maybe even get her second world championship title if she keeps this up, I am such a proud dad and I am so glad she followed her heart and she is doing what she loves.

Then I heard the front door open and close, so I walked out my room and down the hall to see that Charlie was back, then I said, "hey kiddo, how you feeling?" and she looked at and said, "amazing but I am coming down from the adrenaline rush though and I now can not wait to go for a shower."

Then I said, "well you go head and have shower and then we get going as I have booked us a table at your favourite restaurant!" and she looked at me and smiled, then she replied back "ohh you mean OUR favourite place, we always went there after your wins." Which I responded with "then we started going after yours, let's just say it's a family tradition kiddo!"

Then with that she walked off to her room and got showered and changed, then about half an hour later we were heading out the door again, and back to town we went, Mick and Charlie got talking about the race and then Charlie asked how Mick was feeling about Bahrain GP as it was next weekend, it was lovely listening to young passionate racers talking about the differences in their motorsports.

Then we sat down, Oscar and his girlfriend were already there as they were staying in town so was closer to the restaurant, and then we had a lovely meal with the best company around, it didn't bother me I was only adult there but I called it an early night, and then Kenzie, plus her boyfriend came to join so I excused myself and headed home, I told Charlie to call me if her and mick needed a taxi as I would be staying sober, tonight and they both said "thank you" and Charlie said "yeah that would be great dad." Then with that I left them, and headed home.