Chapter 4 - First Date

The next day Olivia not only had to apologize to the lawyer who was waiting for her at her parents' house, but she also had to talk to Kihyun about it. He had taken a break from practice to call his friend and ask if everything had gone well. A few minutes later, Changkyun was going to the bathroom and when he saw Kihyun's face speaking, he preferred not to interrupt, he was about to return to the practice room when he heard that it was Olivia with whom he was speaking.

"You did not go? Olivia, the lawyer was waiting for you! You promised me you were taking care of that yesterday. What happened?"

"Ki, I could not be on time, I left work very late."

"What? Liv, the property price will hit the ground because of this. The buyers will get upset, this has happened several times. If you continue like this, you will not be able to sell it. I know you are not interested in money, but you cannot underestimate your parents' work either. It was their home, they worked for it for years." Olivia sighed as she closed her eyes. She knew that Kihyun would react that way.

"Then, I'll talk to the lawyer again and tell him there is no business. I'll not sell it."

"Ok, so now you want to keep dealing with this all your life? You've been begging me for years to help you sell that house. I don't understand you." He said too frustrated. 

Kihyun had always tried to help her friend in any way he could, but many times Olivia closed herself off and not even Kihyun, who was practically her brother, really understood what she wanted to do or how to get close and help her.

"I just need a little more time. I'm really sorry. I know that I make everything difficult for you, but..."

"Liv, please think about what you want to do. Don't talk to the lawyer anymore, I'll take care of that."

Kihyun felt exactly as frustrated as when they were younger and the girl didn't communicate enough how she felt. The idol immediately called the lawyer and apologized for what had happened. He explained that the sale of the house was a sensitive issue for her; fortunately, the lawyer accepted to give them more time.

"Hyung, is everything ok?" Changkyun approached his friend when he saw how discouraged he was and sat down next to him.

" Hm? Yeah, it's just this thing with Liv."

"Is she ok?"

"I really don't know. I've known Liv my whole life and sometimes I feel like I don't even know how to talk to her. Yesterday she was going to sell her parents' house, but that didn't happen."

"Her parent's house?"

"Yeah, maybe you have seen it when you have gone with me to visit my parents. We were practically neighbors. Anyway, she didn't go because she preferred to stay at work."

I.M was silent because he knew it was not true. Olivia had written late, that was true, but not that late either. That meant that she had made it to the lawyer's appointment on time. He immediately remembered her look when he arrived. The girl had been very quiet for almost the first hour that the two of them had been talking. In fact, he even thought that she did not want to see him, but now he understood what had happened.

"What will happen to the sale?"

"The lawyer said he can wait, but I don't how long."

"Maybe she doesn't want to sell it."

"The house is abandoned, Liv wants nothing to do with it."

"Hyung, sometimes things are not that simple. I mean, it's her parents' house, it must have many memories for her. Don't get angry, try to understand her."