Chapter 20

Elena ran all the way to the kitchen to help Luisa with the food.  She promised she would and she didn't want Luisa to do all the work.  Once she made it to the kitchen Luisa noticed her and smiled.

"Oh, there you are Mijita!  How is Mateo?" She asked warmly while rolling out some pastry dough with a rolling pin.  Elena smiled, glad that her abuela wasn't upset with her being late. 

"He is actually very good.  What can I help you with, abuela?" She asked.  Lusia frowned and looked around the room.  "Hmm, how about cleaning up?  This is my last thing I need to get done for the day.  Everything else is in the ballroom."  She explained.  Elena felt terrible.

"I'm sorry I'm late, abuela.  But with all the drama going on I lost track of time." She admitted.  Luisa smiled.  "That's quite alright.  You did the right thing.  Oh, and Valentina and your other friends are in your room.  They asked me if you were coming."  She said.  Elena gasped.

"Oh, dear!  Don't worry I'll go as soon as I clean up."  She fretted.  Luisa molded the dough into a circle and laughed. 

   "It's all right mijita.  Don't overwork yourself, the coronation isnt happening for 4 hours.  You have plenty of time."  She explained.  Elena smiled gratefully at her grandmother. 

   "Thanks.  I'll finish up here and then get my hair and makeup done." She said.  She figured that was a good plan.  Finally things started to go smoothly again and less dramatic.  After Elena and Luisa finished up in the kitchen Elena ran to her room to find the three princesses standing there.

  Rebeca saw her first.  "Oh, there you are!  Are you ready for the fashion experts?" She joked.  Elena laughed.  "I sure am!  Sorry I'm late, so many things were going on."  She explained.  Rebeca smiled.  "That's okay.  We figured you'd be a little late, so it's totally fine!" She guided Elena towards her vanity where Chloe and Valentina were sitting.  

Chloe brightened up when she saw Elena.  She jumped off Elenas bed.  "Yesss!  You made it, I just knew you would!  See, Val?  I knew she'd be right on time."  She said with victory.  Valentina shook her head and chuckled.  

   "She's 5 minutes late but whatever.  Okay let's get you beautified, Elena.  I can't wait!!" She exclaimed.  Elena smiled.  "Okay, but nothing to fancy, alright!!"  She did not want to look like a diva for her most important day ever.  Valentina nodded.  

"I knew you'd say that.  We'll just do some light makeup and braid your hair.  Okay?" 

"Yeah!  I told her you'd like that!"

"Rebeca did, Chloe." 

"Oh, sorry! But you'll look great!"  Chloe exclaimed with happiness.  Elena blushed.  She was so happy that everyone was happy.  The girls gossiped as they pampered Elena up.  Chloe however, was upset that Valentina did not paint Elena's toenails. 

"Nobody will see them!" Valentina argued.  "Uhm, but you wear it." Chloe pointed out.  Rebeca and Elena snickered. 

  After the hair and makeup was done,  Elena had realized she hardly spent time with Gabe today.  Even though they weren't boyfriend and girlfriend she thought he missed her.  Her guess was right.  

Gabe was in the library reading a book about a mysterious pirate and was about to turn the page when Elena burst into the room.

"Gabe!" Elena gasped.  Gabe jumped in his seat. "Oh, Elena?!  Wow, you look great." He remarked.  Elena smiled. "So do you. Hey, listen did you see Esteban anywhere?" She asked.  Gabe sighed. 

   "You mean that guy? Yeah, he was here a while ago complaining that I didn't have enough light to read." Gabe whined.  Elena laughed.  Esteban was back to normal, that was for sure.  The room wasn't well lit though, but Gabe had really good eyesight and she assumed he would be fine.