chapter 8

Elena and the rest of her friends snuck out to Carla and Mateo's boat.  They hid underneath it and watched the enemies boat. 

"They're not doing anything.." Naomi pointed out.  Elena nodded.  "Just be patient. Oh.. aha!  Wait I see them!' she exclaimed in a whisper.

   They all watched the boat eagerly.  Ash, Chatana and Esteban walked out from the bottom of the boat holding the bottle.

  "All right," Ash began.  "Let's go to shore and see what we can do.  We need disguises though." she suggested. 

   "Fine, I guess I'll steer the boat." Esteban volunteered.  And they headed to shore. 

   "Oh no!  We better go inside." Mateo whispered frantically.  They rushed inside Naomi's house. 

    As the other boat pulled ashore, the four teenagers watched them.  

   "Oh, man!  I wonder what they're plotting?" Mateo wondered.  Naomi shrugged.

   "Probably going to kill somebody, but let's not get our hopes up." she replied. 

 SORRY I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK RN HELP- ANYWAY ILL BE TAKING MORE SUGGESTIONS 

   Elena glared at Naomi and faced the others.  

    "Guys, I think we should send somebody out as like a spy.  With a shapeshifting potion nobody will know who you are.

Naomi shrugged.  "Why don't I do it?" she volunteered.  

Elena shook her head.

   "No.. I don't think it will work.  Esteban knows your voice."  She replied.

   Naomi looked disappointed.  "Okay," she began.  "but who will go?" she asked

   Mateo raised his hand.  "I don't know if you guys wanna do this or not but maybe none of us go?' he suggested.  Carla nodded.  

    "Yeah, they all know who we are.  I don't think we should take a chance at one of us getting killed or something." she replied.

  Elena smiled.  "You sure have changed."  she commented.  Carla shrugged.

   "I guess.." she blushed.  Mateo smiled too.

   "Yeah, you know I wouldn't mind if uh, you, uh umm-" he stammered.

   Carla shrugged.  "It's okay, Mateo." 

  Naomi jumped to her feet suddenly.  

   "Um, guys!  Ash is at the door, with Esteban and Chatana." she exclaimed.

  They all ran upstairs.

   "Wait," Carla began. She grabbed her tamborita and turned Mateo into a different person.

  He had blonde hair, glasses, and he wore a white shirt and blue jeans.

   "Wow!" he said in awe. 

   "Okay!  Go!"  Carla pushed him downstairs.

    Mateo opened the door. 

  "Um can I help you?" he asked.

   "Yeah, we need somewhere to stay tonight."  Esteban said.

  Mateo jumped a little.  "Uhh, I'm sorry!  But we're quarantining here.  My daughter is dying." he lied.

  Ash rolled her eyes.  "Let's go.  This kid is annoying me." she replied as the group walked towards the village. 

  Mateo sighed with relief and walked back upstairs.

  "Well?" Naomi asked.  Mateo shrugged. 

   "They're gone.  They headed towards the villiage. Carla, can you turn me back?" he asked.

  And Carla changed him back to his own self. 

   "We need to catch them!" Elena exclaimed. 

   Mateo nodded.  "I think we should tell Gabe." he advised.

  Elena's jaw dropped.  "No way!  Gabe would kill us if he found out we were here!" she said exasperated. 

   Mateo frowned.  "Yeah, but he's your royal guard." he urged.

  Naomi shook her head. "I don't think Gabe will approve of us out here, I'm with Elena." 

   Carla just patted Mateo on the back.  "Mateo, we're wizards.  I think we'll be fine."

   Mateo blushed (OHH BOI) "A-alright." he stammered. 

  (YES CARTEO)

   Elena thought for a moment.

   "You guys, I think we should keep an eye out for them.  And if we ever see them, we can strike." 

  Carla nodded.  "Well, papa and I opened up a little shop in the Villa Mercado. Maybe I can keep a look out for them when I'm working?" she suggested. (send help idk how to spell villa mercado."

  Naomi gasped.  "Wow! I didn't know you guys had a shop."

  Carla smiled.  "Well, we opened it yesterday.  So you've probably never seen it." she replied.

  Naomi nodded.  "Ohh." 

 "Okay," Elena began.  "Let's go back to the castle and we can plan on what to do for a bit." 

  They all agreed that was the best thing they could do at the moment, so they walked back to the castle and planned for what seemed like hours, and then left to go to their houses.

ILL FINISH THIS SOON <3