Chapter 10

Mateo was whacked in the head by Esteban and his staff.

    "Ow!"  Mateo cried before hitting the ground.   

     You're probably wondering "Oh, great, she put Esteban in here and he just killed Mateo the smol bean." I did not okay? 

    Anyway,  Esteban dragged Mateo over to the tiny fire pit that Ash and Chatana were sitting in front of.

    "Oh, why did you have to pick that guy?"  That was Ash of course.  

   "What's wrong with him? He's a wizard isn't he, that's perfect.  Now shut up."  Chatana retorted.  

   Esteban sighed.  "We set the fire didn't we? Who else did u think we'd get?" he asked.

   Ash rolled her eyes.  "Never mind.  Tie the body on that tree and I'll decide what to do." 

  Esteban did so.  Once he had finished tying Mateo to the tree he sat down with the other two. (I didn't wanna say "the two girls" because they're like 50 or smth.) 

   "Okay,  I think we should try to strike tonight."  Ash announced.

   Chatana groaned.  "You have said that for a month now, I'm frankly tired of it."

   Esteban nodded.  "Me, too.  Maybe you should just be on your own and we'll leave.  I mean, you just want us for power." he lied. 

   Ash gaped at them.  "What on earth are you saying?"

   "Nothing."

   "It's definitely something."

   "He was just pointing out the obvious, my word! Are you stupid?" 

    "Don't call me stupid." 

   "I think I'll call you whatever."  Chatana smirked.

   Ash groaned.  "Fine." 

   Esteban was kind of smirking since he and Ash, well, they don't hate each other but sometime's they get on each other's nerves.  I think he felt that Chatana was making Ash feel defeated which he liked very much.

    "Okay, I'll make the potion now."  Ash said hastily.  She walked over to Mateo and pulled out one of his hairs.

   Over the fire was a little black pot that Chatana was stirring.  Aha!  That is the potion we were talking about.  Ash and Chatana tricked Esteban into thinking that's what it was, but they really just wanted him to shapeshift into Mateo or any of Elena's friends.

    "That is disgusting." Esteban held his nose when he spelled the potion.  "I would never drink that."

    Chatana smirked.  "Oh, but you will." 

   "WHY! WHY DID YOU SAY THAT?!" Ash cried in the distance. 

   Chatana jumped. "Oh, no..." 

   "Aughh!"  You know how she yells.

   Esteban laughed.  "It's fine, I won't- WAIT!" he finally understood the plan.

    "I thought this was poison!" he exclaimed. 

   Ash chuckled nervously as Chatana glared at her. 

    "I, heh, it's um, well it's not what you think!  See, we changed our brains- minds!" 

    Esteban crossed his arms.  "Sure, you did.  Okay, fine I will drink it when it's ready."

    Ash sighed with relief and then they all sat around the fire and talked.  (

 Meanwhile, Ash went back into the woods to check on Mateo as she was imitating rat sounds and pretending to be a rat, she suddenly shouted. 

"I LOVE RATS, YOU GUYS!"

 Esteban jumped.  "Man, she's at it again." he groaned.

   Chatana laughed. "I am Ash!" she imitated. "The biggest rat who ever lived!" 

   The two of them laughed hysterically.  

   Ash came back looking normal again, well for her anyway, shes never actually looked normal.

    "Okay, the potion should be ready.  Drink it."  She motioned for Esteban to drink the shapeshifting potion.

   And he did.  He choked and gaged until he turned into Mateo. 

   Okay I have No idea what to call Esteban who is now Mateo, so I'll just say Esteban to keep it simple so ya'll know!

bye ash is my fav to do in these sometimes bc shes a living meme-