Nicknames

Tony and Stephen were quite known for exchanging witty nicknames back and forth one another.
Well, at least Tony was. He gave everyone stupid nicknames, but Stephen also had a couple that he would use for Tony when he was feeling it.

For the most part, Tony and Stephen exchanged regular nicknames with each other.
Stephen called Tony, "Stark" or "Tones," while Tony himself, usually called Stephen, Steph, Doc or Wizard, occasionally with a snarky Dumbledore comment.

However, they both had wild nicknames for each other.
Again, mostly Tony.
Tony loved to pull strings with Stephen's emotions.
Whether those strings be lovey-dovey, or irritation, he didn't care.
For example,  when Tony chose the use of "Stephanie" as a nickname to call Stephen one day while they were sitting at a restaurant table, ordering their food, Tony was unable to decide wether Stephen liked the nickname, or wanted to punch him in the face.
Tony had ordered his food and tapped Stephen on the shoulder saying," oh Stephanie, it's your turn to order," casing the man to look up sharply from his menu copy at Tony, a light blush forming over his cheeks.

Or when Tony called him a street magician, although that was normally for Tony's amusement, he enjoyed watching Stephen roll his eyes or sigh. For example, when Tony had walked into the Stark tower to find Stephen sitting crisscrossed on a table, attempting to lift up an apple with magic tentacles, he had walked behind Stephen and spoke," hello, my favorite street magician." Stephen had jumped nearly a foot out of his seat, his magic evaporating letting the apple fall to the floor. Stephen sighed and put a hand to his temples.
"You need to learn to knock."
Tony had smiled and kissed Stephen's forehead before reaching down and picking up Stephen's apple, taking a huge bite out of it.

Overall, Tony had hundreds of nicknames for practically everyone he knew, and he enjoyed coming up with new ones to use for Stephen, it was always entertaining to see if and how he would react to them.

As of now, his favorite nickname for Stephen was the "good doctor."
Out of context it seemed stupid, but when Tony would speak it during a sentence, he could practically feel Stephen's heart beat increase instantly.
He enjoyed to tease Stephen with it, and would often sneak up on him and say something along the lines of, " what a good doctor you are," to the confused sorcerer.
His comment would never cease to make Stephen turn tomato red, and he enjoyed watching Stephen squirm and banter about how Tony was "such a pain."
He wasn't wrong though-

The list of Tony's nicknames for Stephen could go on for hours, including some like," Dracula, seasoning, garlic bread, toothpaste," and other very weird names. But that didn't mean Stephen didn't have a few nicknames of his own.

Stephen often used nicknames for Tony when he was irritated or annoyed by him. He would call him an "idiot, pain, dwarf, geek," and many more.
Stephen did however, use nicknames occasionally just for fun.
For example, when Tony had been in the lab all day conducting experiments and building contraptions, Stephen would walk up behind him and tap him on the shoulder asking," what's my mad scientist up to today?"
That's usually when Tony would respond with something like," great, how about you, Dumbledore?"

When Stephen was feeling particularly humorous, which wasn't that often, he enjoyed picking on Tony's height, standing up on his tippy-toes so that he was much taller than Tony, and using the classic statement of," what's the weather like down there, shortie?"
Tony would then respond by punching Stephen in the gut and responding with," the view's great down here."
He also had some random names such as, "Robo man, Einstein, hair gel," and, like the kid Harley would call Tony," the mechanic."

And of course as mentioned earlier, Stephen would tend to call Tony "Tones" or "Stark," not on purpose, just out of instinct.
Stephen actually got the nickname "Tones" from Steve, as that's usually what Steve called Tony. After being with Steve and hearing the name so often, Stephen just began to use it himself out of habit.

Of course, both Stephen and Tony had names like, "love, sweetheart," and," sweetie," reserved for one another.

Moral of the story, Tony loves to annoy people with nicknames and Stephen just uses them out of boredom.

Man, nicknames are awesome.