MY HEART, BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS INSTEAD : SEUNGJIN

being smart meant a lot of things. whether it's being highly adaptable to any given situation, or having an insatiable curiosity about the world.

being smart also meant one more thing, well.. a person this time. the human definition of being nimble-witted would be seungmin.

" are you ready? "
an old man asked, leaning his entire body weight on the walking stick he became dependent on. his thinning whitish-blond hair was matted to his scalp as he observed the younger with curious eyes.

he always saw the magic happen, but it never gets old.

seungmin irked his eyebrow at the elder's rhetorical question, smirking instead.

his bedroom was just tidy enough to show that he cared about the space and just messy enough to show that he at the very least , had the opportunity to express his creativity, by choosing a teddy bear.

he blinked slowly, trying to get used to the unfamiliar dimmed lights. he heaved a sigh of relief when he noticed that the curtains remained closed.

he didn't have the luxury of having privacy most of the time.

he hastily got up, dragging himself to the kitchen despite being elated over being able to have some time to himself. it wasn't like he didn't love seungmin... it was different.

he often wondered if the younger even loved him.

it was just that their relationship was a little bumpy  now. but it's alright! what's a marriage without inconvenience?

hyunjin had always been one who loved cooking, art and other aesthetic aspects of life. however, he never  got the chance to explore and do what he loved very much. especially since he entered the showbiz industry.

he struggled to reach the pots that was cruelly resting at the very top shelf, making it hard for the tall boy to reach it.

it wasn't his height that prevented him from doing so. it was what was weighing him down.

after much struggle, he a manger to get ahold of the desired pot, he started cooking. he decided to treat himself right this time, pouring all the contents of the ramen soup instead of saving seungmin three quarters of it.

he never ate any of it anyway.

hyunjin was too hungry to even think straight by the time the soup had finished cooking. he ate straight out of the pot, making sure none of its content would ruin his perfectly ironed out shirt.

he slurped the broth so quickly, practically inhaling it. he knew that seungmin would throw nasty comments his way if he saw the way hyunjin was currently eating.

seungmin always made sure the older never slurped his soup and always ate politely, spoon carefully poised around his lips, training hyunjin to tilt the spoon back just the slightest to sip on the soup.

that was if he ever ate, of course.

it felt good, to finally eat the way he wanted to. even if it was just for a short while. it was in moments of calmness like this, where he found the broken pieces of himself slowly returning to his shattered soul.