SSICK : MINSUNG

i never knew why you would forget so easily

the sanctity of the patient, their humanity, was what hospitals strived to uphold - especially in challenging times.

the smell of hand sanitizers down every corner, the shuffling of bodies clad in white, often armed with syringes or stethoscopes. sometimes, even holding onto a clip board tightly , aggressively scribbling down diagnosis, nothing new.

Minho rubbed his weary eyes, stretching his limbs as he looked out the window. " hmmm.. i don't remember that bed being occupied.. "
minho was deep in thought. he didn't recall the bed to be occupied. out of curiosity, he peeked over a little, only to see the faint outline of an object that sat neatly on the middle of the hospital bed. he blinked the intruding thoughts that pried at his head away, knowing all too well that he couldn't get up in his own.

minho had been hospitalised for 5 weeks, waiting for his injured leg to recover

minho had been hospitalised for 5 weeks, waiting for his injured leg to recover. he was starting to loose hope that he would be discharged soon. his brain was set on getting discharged but his leg had other plans. it had been oh too long, such a long period of time that he even memorised the floor-plan of the either hospital, remembering every crook and cranny of the establishment like the back of his hand. how he wished for something different...
he closed his eyes, deciding to get some shut eye.

" mr lee.. we've got to get up for some physiotherapy!"
the nurse instructed, holding his forearm out to support Minho. the nurse was in his 20s, and was always extremely kind and considerate too. he went by the name CB97 , which minho thought was funny since his name tag clearly stated " Chan".

" okay, I'm up. Thanks Chan Hyung. "
minho managed to force a tired smile, he didn't want the nurse to feel as if he wasn't doing enough. hey, even if he was lethargic, he wasn't that heartless.

just as he was about to leave the room with Chan, he noticed a figure shift from the corner of his eyes. the unfamiliar figure tossed around the bed slightly before settling down after clutching on an oddly shaped item softly.

" hey chan hyung, who's that kid beside me?"
he thought it might be a weird question to ask, but curiosity got the better of him.

" oh, that's our han jisungie haha. he's.. special! i think you'll love to talk to him."
Chan gave his signature eye smile before taking minho to the physiotherapy room.