FRAGILE : HYUNSUNG

" please tell me you love me
even if we can't be together "

box after box was delivered into the young prince's room, servants and maids quickly got to work

box after box was delivered into the young prince's room, servants and maids quickly got to work. they arranged the boxes neatly along the hallway, awaiting for their prince's approval to leave.

their silent prayer was answered as the majestic prince appeared, poking his head out from the doorway. he himself was shocked by the number of boxes that loomed over him. the boy inspected the boxes that were presented to him.

he smiled warmly at his attendants, signalling them with wave of his hand that they were dismissed. the helpers quickly bowed their head and left in a jiffy.

hyunjin waited for them to leave the hallway, before taking a second look at the particular box that caught his eyes.

the box wasn't perfect like the others, a few scratches and dents here and there, and the words " FRAGILE " was printed in bold. hyunjin held the box in his hands, cautious not to break the contents. he left the other perfectly wrapped up packages out in the hallway. he would unwrap them later on.

he set the parcel on his table, making space for it by arranging his pens into a neat pile near the top of the desk.

he checked to see if there was any clue that indicated who the surprise package was from, only to be met with no avail. letting curiosity take over him, he carefully opened the packaging.

inside, there was a yellowing card placed at the centre of the box, beneath it was something wrapped around in cloth.

unlike other royals, hyunjin didn't mind getting his hands dusty of dirty, so he picked up the piece of antique paper between his hands easily. he opened the card, eyes scanning through the words written on it.

" please handle with.. care. this may not be what you expected, but please love it very much. "

hyunjin read out, uncertainty lacing his voice. he set the paper aside, letting his hands trace over the cloth. he took a deep breath, anticipating the mysterious object that was hidden underneath the cloth.

he unwrapped the cloth that was hugging the figure's body tightly, gasping softly at what he saw. beneath the neatly tucked in cloth, was the most beautiful thing he ever saw.

the doll had blush-pink knees, wore a pair of plain converses. button eyes that reflected the light, a pair of baby blue overalls that were slightly dusty, hid the
white shirt that had yellow spots littered over it.

hyunjin let his hands caressed the doll, looking at it with doe eyes, like it was the most sacred beauty in the world.

hyunjin couldn't see the doll's eyes light up a little as he observed hyunjin's face light up into a bright smile. no one has ever looked at him this way. years and years of being delivered to different families, he finally lucked out, finding someone who would look at him with adoration instead of fright or disgust.

hyunjin adjusted the doll's clothes, looking at the tag that was sloppily glued behind the overalls.

" jisung? ooh is that your name? that's so cool! jisung! heheh, let's be friends okay?"

the young prince let his name roll of his tongue, as jisung felt butterflies erupt in his stomach. he loved the way the older called out his name. it was his first time someone wanted to be his friend! his first friend!

from then on, hyunjin would always talk to jisung. jisung would lie on the comfy bed, watching the boy share about his day. hyunjin never stopped talking to jisung, even if he was a just a doll. what he never realised was that jisung could hear everything he was saying.

hyunjin would comb out jisung's hair, sometimes even changing jisung's clothes to much newer and comfortable ones. jisung would blush whenever his face was in close contact with hyunjin. let's not forget, the way he felt a warmth he felt spreading all over his small body when hyunjin would hug him close of cuddle him to sleep.

some days, hyunjin was upset with the way his absurd father treated their helpers, harassing them or beating them into a pulp over an insignificant mistake. hyunjin would often barge into the room, crying softly as tears cascaded down his rosy cheeks. it pained jisung to see hyunjin in such pain.

however, he couldn't do anything. he couldn't even comfort or hug him, return him the same amount of love or even have a simple conversation. after all, jisung was just a doll.

how frustrating it was , to watch hyunjin confide all his worries in jisung. but jisung wasn't able to offer him advice. he counted his little blessings, happy that his creator painted his face with a bright smile that hyunjin loved to see.

" i know you're so special jisung. you're smile is so beautiful. even if you can't speak. i feel like you're always so invested in whatever im saying and thank you for offering me comfort. please stay with me forever okay? "

jisung felt his heart pound loudly against his chest, before it shattered to pieces. how badly he wanted to scream, how much he loved hyunjin. how much he adored the boy, how much he wanted him to know that he was his everything. but no words could make it past jisung's sealed lips, letting his smile speak for him instead.

" please tell me you love me, even if we can't be together

" please tell me you love me, even if we can't be together. "

jisung tried to hold in his tears, but they still helplessly pooled around his button eyes. hyunjin could've swore he heard his beloved doll speak.

he wanted to be hyunjin's everything. but jisung was just a doll.

just a doll.

# new concept teehee? :) thank you for the support <3 sending lots of love your way 🍂