Can You Feel the Love Tonight Part 2

By request :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You awoke in the morning with a splitting headache to find Kili sitting on the edge of the bed smoking his pipe.

"I was beginning to think you weren't ever going to wake up," he said far too cheerfully and loudly given the circumstances. Groaning, you grabbed your head and gave him a look that begged him to have mercy.

"Sorry," he replied sheepishly.

"What happened?" you asked, not having any memory of the previous evening's events.

Kili smiled wide and said, "I was hoping you'd ask. That's why I've been sitting here for 2 hours waiting for you to wake up."

The story didn't start out so bad at first. When he mentioned dinner with the elves, it jogged some memories of eating and the dwarves complaining about the food. But as he continued, the horror took root and began to grow inside of you. By the end you wanted to bury yourself six feet down and hope that no one ever found you, least of all Thorin.

"Please tell me you made that up," you pleaded.

"Even my imagination can't come up with anything that good."

The sudden knock on the door caused you to remember your headache. "Come in," you called weakly. Much to your dismay, Thorin himself walked through the door. He frowned when he saw Kili sitting next to you on the bed.

"Kili, let me speak to y/n alone."

Kili turned and gave you a wink before practically skipping out of the door. Now that you were all alone with Thorin, you became even more embarrassed. You knew your face was bright red and you were terrified at the thought of what he might be here to say to you. You watched as he took Kili's place beside you on the bed.

"How are you feeling?"

"I-I'm okay."

He raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Really? As much as you had to drink, I would have thought you would have been feeling quite dreadful right about now."

"Yeah, I um, I guess I am." It was almost impossible for you to look at him given the situation, and his physical closeness wasn't helping any either.

"Can I get you anything?" he asked.

"No, I'm fine. Really."

A few moments of awkward silence passed between the two of you. You glanced at him long enough to notice that he was twisting at his hands and stating at them, almost like he was nervous. "More like uncomfortable," you thought to yourself.

"Thorin," you began. "I'm sorry about last night. I don't know what came over me. I acted like an idiot. I hope you can forgive me."

The awkward silence crept back in, but your thoughts were racing. You couldn't push away the fear that he was going to kick you out of the company over this.

"Did you mean it?" he asked after awhile.

"Of course I meant it. I'm very sorry for how I acted. I never meant to embarrass you."

"No, I meant did you mean the words you dedicated to me last night?"

You desperately wanted to lie to him and say that you were drunk and none of it meant anything, but in spite of how much you wanted to, you couldn't bring yourself to do it.

Staring at your hands, you muttered, "Yeah, I meant them."

You were surprised when you saw his large, strong hands reach over to hold yours. Looking up, you saw that his body was turned towards you and he was trying to look into your eyes.

"You asked me a question, and my answer is yes. I could feel the love between us last night, just as I can feel it every night." Then he leaned forward and placed a strong kiss on your unsuspecting lips. Perhaps you should have been worried that you might taste like alcohol and morning breath, but you were so lost in his touch and his presence that you couldn't think of anything else. When you parted, you heard him sigh contentedly.

"I love you, Thorin Oakenshield," you whispered.

"I love you too. Will you promise me something, y/n?"

"Anything."

"No more drunken serenading," he said with a chuckle.

Smiling you replied, "Afraid I can't make any promises on that one, considering how well it worked out for me."

"You're wrong. It worked out well for us both."