A Whole New World: Kili x Reader

Author's Note: This was requested by an Anon on Tumblr. Bold print is Kili singing. Italics are you. Bold and italics are both.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are we going, Kili?" you asked as he lead you along one of the many hallways of Erebor.

"I have to show you something. Now, keep your eyes closed tight. It's a surprise."

A few moments later, you bumped into him when he came to a stop. You felt him let go of your hand and you listened to his footsteps as he walked to the other side of the room.

"Okay, open your eyes."

You opened them to see Kili holding up a dirty old rug.

"Tah dah!" he said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Congratulations on finding a dirty old rug."

"This isn't just any rug though, y/n. Just watch." Speaking towards the rug he said, "Show her."

Your jaw dropped when the rug started standing up by itself, and you almost fainted when it walked over to you and offered one of its corners to you for you to shake.

"It's nice to meet you," you stuttered, still shaking "hands" with the rug.

"You want to see something amazing? Watch this."

Taking the hint, the rug started floating in the air. You watched as Kili hopped aboard and patted the spot beside him.

"No, there's no way I'm getting up there. This is insane, Kili. I'm obviously hallucinating."

Eventually his puppy dog eyes won you over and you found yourself sitting beside him as the flying carpet made its way out Erebor's main gate. Your eyes went wide with wonder as the carpet flew higher and higher up into the air and circled the Lonely Mountain's snow covered peak. As you reached down and touched the snow with your fingertips, you heard Kili's deep voice start to sing beside you.

I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid
Tell me, princess, now when did
You last let your heart decide?

The two of you were now flying across the surface of the lake's water.

I can open your eyes
Take you wonder by wonder
Over, sideways and under
On a magic carpet ride

The carpet shot straight up into the air, carrying you up into the clouds above.

A whole new world
A new fantastic point of view
No one to tell us no or where to go
Or say we're only dreaming

As you reached out to touch the clouds that surrounded you, you were overwhelmed by the urge to join in.

A whole new world
A dazzling place I never knew
But when I'm way up here, it's crystal clear
That now I'm in a whole new world with you

Kili placed his head close to yours and sang quietly into your ear.

Now I'm in a whole new world with you

Unbelievable sights
Indescribable feelings

You stroked Kili's face lovingly.

Soaring, tumbling, freewheeling

The carpet jolted downwards causing you to squeal and grab onto Kili's arm tightly.

Through an endless diamond sky

A whole new world

As the carpet continued to plummet, you covered your eyes with your hands, but Kili reached up and moved them.

Don't you dare close your eyes

A hundred thousand things to see

Hold your breath, it gets better

The carpet evened out and you were flying close to the treetops of Mirkwood.

I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back
To where I used to be

A whole new world

Every turn a surprise

With new horizons to pursue

Every moment red letter

I'll chase them anywhere
There's time to spare
Let me share this whole new world with you

A whole new world

A whole new world

That's where we'll be

Kili wrapped his arms around you and pulled you close to him.

That's where we'll be

You rested your forehead against his.

A thrilling chase

A wonderous place

For you and me

As the carpet floated slowly through the air, the two of you relished being in each other's arms.

"Where did you learn that song?" you whispered.

"I don't know. It just came to me."

You laughed gently. "Now I know I'm crazy."

"But it's a good kind of crazy," he replied before kissing you sweetly. You stayed in his arms, trading soft kisses, for the whole flight back to the mountain. As magical as that flying carpet was, it never compared to the magic that the two of you shared.