Requested Fili x Reader: Part 1

Requested by @XxHiddenHorizonxX

Sorry it took so long for me to start this. I haven't touched my wattpad account in forever. I'm breaking this in more than one part so I can go ahead and publish what I've done so far. Hope you like it! :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was just beginning to fall behind the peaks of the mountains as you made your way back home. You had spent the entire day at the nearby lake, enjoying the coolness of the water and the warmth of the sun against your skin. Summer would soon be over and you were determined to make the most of the time you had left with it.

As you neared your house, you saw the familiar and inviting sight of smoke rising out of the chimney. The smell that met your nostrils told you that your father must almost be done preparing supper. Rounding the corner, you saw an unfamiliar pony grazing outside your front door. As you opened the door, you saw that your father was seated at the table with a dwarf you did not recognize. He was close to your father's age, with black hair streaked with gray. He was, admittedly, rather handsome.

"Y/n," your father said, rising from the table to usher you into the room. "Come in and speak to Thorin."

"I doubt she remembers me," Thorin said, standing up and facing you with a smile. "I haven't seen her since she was a very young lass."

He was right to a degree. You hadn't recognized him, but you'd heard your father speak of Thorin so often that he seemed like a long lost member of the family. Your father had served as one of the top guards to Thror years ago in Erebor, and he and Thorin had been like brothers. Even your father's marriage to your mother, a she-elf from the Woodland Realm, had not torn the bond apart. But after your mother died in Smaug's wrath, and your father lost the use of his left arm from the severity of his burns, he chose to settle down in one spot to raise you. Thorin had visited some over the years, but their separate duties and obligations had made it difficult to keep up the friendship.

"It is wonderful to see you again," you said, offering a genuine smile. The three of you dined together that evening. You listened with great interest as the two of them relived old stories and caught up on new ones. It wasn't until after dinner that Thorin revealed why he was there.

"Your daughter has grown into a beautiful young lady, my old friend." You blushed at his words even though you had heard them before. You had inherited your father's height, but your mother's beauty and graceful nature.

"I have come to you both with a request," he continued. "I plan on leading a company to reclaim Erebor."

"That is a fool's quest, Thorin," your father said. "That dragon can not be defeated."

"Some believe he is already dead," Thorin replied. "Either way, it is my duty to try. My nephew Fili, my heir, will be accompanying me. An heir to the throne should have a bride of quality. I am requesting that you be that bride, y/n."

You and your father looked at each other in surprise and you both knew what the other was thinking. 'Why would Thorin want a half-elf to be the future Queen of Erebor?'

"I don't understand?" your father asked.

"You served my grandfather well, and you are my dear friend. I hold you in the highest of regards, and I strongly believe that y/n will not disappoint me either."

"I won't let her go," your father said. "That dragon stole my wife and my arm. I will not let him have my daughter as well."

"I'll go," you piped in.

Your father looked at you in surprise. Taking his hand, you said "You served the King Under the Mountain, and so shall I. History will not repeat itself, of that I promise you."

It took quite a bit of convincing to get your father's approval and blessing. He didn't want to see you go, but Thorin promised to keep you safe, and he understood that princess and then queen was a wonderful opportunity.

You both began to cry as you said your goodbyes, and you swore to send for him as soon as Erebor was reclaimed. As you rode your pony away from the house, you turned to wave goodbye to him one more time.

"You will see him again before you know it," Thorin said, giving you a reassuring smile.

"I hope so," you replied while drying your eyes. Wanting to change the subject, you said "So, tell me all about Fili."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To be continued....